ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Yorkville LS700  (Read 2379 times)

Steve Crump

Problem with Yorkville LS700
« on: November 30, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »

I had a friend call and said he has two Yorkville LS700 subs with issues, he has a total of 4.
One keeps blowing fuses. I haven't seen the fuse blowing sub yet, but he is going to bring it by sometime for us to look over.

The other sub he brought by today and we plugged it into the board and it has weird rattle/hum, like a high frequency hum like a part is physically loose on the back.
It sounds like the heat sink is loose. But we took it a part and the only obvious thing we found was one 10" sub had a few loose screws. We double checked everything, including the grill and handles. With the plate amp not mounted to the back of the speaker we sent a signal to it and thought "ok it must have been the loose sub", because it wasn't as noticeable. We mounted the amp back to the cabinet and when we fired it up, not fixed, hum still there. I am going to dig a little more over the weekend, but I thought I would ask here also.

Anybody had this experience?

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Problem with Yorkville LS700
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »

Is it the speaker that is humming or the box?

Douglas R. Allen

Steve Crump

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »

Is it the speaker that is humming or the box?

Douglas R. Allen

It doesn’t seem to be the driver itself, it seems to be the plate amp. But it sounds more like a loose part as opposed to a fault.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »

The LS700P subs had a tendency to make noise blowing air out of the open 1/4" jacks on the amp module. I used to cap them with small plastic hole plugs to eliminate the noise.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

+1 to what Mike says.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Steve Crump

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »

+1 to what Mike says.

I plugged those during our test. No change. He is bringing the other sub Monday and I am going to swap the plate amps and see if I get the same result in a different cabinet. Just as a way to narrow down the possible issues.

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »

Just to clarify, is the hum constant when powered up, or only when audio is passing?  Does the volume of the humming change with differences in gain settings or audio level?  Did you check the driver to make sure the voice coil leads and/or internal wiring aren’t making contact with the suspension?
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.