ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Glich or something else?  (Read 3330 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Glich or something else?
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »

Never had this problem before and just making sure it's just a glitch and isn't something I need to get corrected
I just clicked on a thread topic under ' unread posts since last visit' and got this message:
'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'

I've never seen this before. I googled the same topic to see if I could find it that way but got the same result.

I can click on others without a problem.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Glich or something else?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »

Never had this problem before and just making sure it's just a glitch and isn't something I need to get corrected
I just clicked on a thread topic under ' unread posts since last visit' and got this message:
'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'

I've never seen this before. I googled the same topic to see if I could find it that way but got the same result.

I can click on others without a problem.

What was the topic, and what forum was it in?

Mac

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »

Well now I look for it, I might have my answer. It has gone. Probably was being deleted as I clicked on it.

It was in the lighting forum and entitled ' This thing right here is a great groomsmen gift set'
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »

Well now I look for it, I might have my answer. It has gone. Probably was being deleted as I clicked on it.

It was in the lighting forum and entitled ' This thing right here is a great groomsmen gift set'

Yes, it was spam. The topic is gone and the poster is gone.

Mac

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »

Thanks Mac.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »

Forum police hard at work! ;)
I truly appreciate these forums; real info, helpful posters, real names.
I think the anonymousness(word?) of the internet allows people to be $#_*^&@s.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »

Forum police hard at work! ;)
I truly appreciate these forums; real info, helpful posters, real names.
I think the anonymousness(word?) of the internet allows people to be $#_*^&@s.

The perception of anonymous use seems to have convinced more than a few to say and do things they probably don't do in their 3D real-time lives.

If one wishes to say what one thinks, one should be willing to put his or her name on it for it to be considered honest.  There are uses for pseudonymous creations but those uses tend to be for propaganda and its derivatives.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »

There are uses for pseudonymous creations but those uses tend to be for propaganda and its derivatives.

FWIW, I deny membership to a couple of hundred (mostly Russian and eastern European) spammers per day. 2 days ago one of them tried to register over 130 times with different names (only about 5 different IP addresses) in under 10 minutes.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »

FWIW, I deny membership to a couple of hundred (mostly Russian and eastern European) spammers per day. 2 days ago one of them tried to register over 130 times with different names (only about 5 different IP addresses) in under 10 minutes.

Mac

You're a busy guy, Mac.  The mods here at PSW do a really good job.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

Mac

Wow - I had no idea that many requests came through here.  I'm with Dave and want to thank the mods who do a great job here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.