ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves Sale  (Read 2480 times)

John L Nobile

Waves Sale
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »

Only 14 hours to go

https://www.waves.com/bundles/horizon

How can they justify selling something listed at 4 grand for 350 bucks? I've always thought that their plugins were overpriced. They have a whack of stuff on sale at 90% off.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: Waves Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »

They are robing us anyway. It is probably a sign that they are changing something in the near future that will render all those sales useless for new systems. It was one of my biggest pet peev's when I bought into Pro Tool's many years ago. The waves plugins I bought then are no good for modern PT releases...... Funny they still work in other DAW's... Needless to say I jumped the Avid ship many years ago and recently gave up on Waves as well. While I love what they can do, I seem to have to keep re-investing to keep caught up with the changes to systems...... If it doesn't come with, or is supported directly with the DAW / mixer, I don't want it.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »

Waves has been doing these firesale sales for many years now. Black friday is always the time of the year to buy into Waves stuff.

Frankly, they have reached market saturation. All of the professional studios and engineers already have most of their products and to keep selling new stuff to new customers, they have to lower their prices to the hobbyist and project studio level. And those people aren't going to lay our $3,000 for a plugin bundle. But a couple of hundred? Sure.

I haven't paid full retail prices for any Waves product since my first bundle back in 2004. And I have the Diamond bundle now and a bunch of other individual plugins. I may upgrade to Horizon this weekend if Audio Deluxe comes back with a killer deal.

BTW, if their last few years have been any indication, they will hold these prices through at least Cyber Monday, and maybe even longer.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 10:14:32 PM »

Slight topic swerve, but anybody use (or know what happened to) Waves Universe?  Looks like they just disappeared into thin air.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »

I've used them in the past. Great and fast service.

I tried to go their site a while back and it seemed like they have closed up shop. I know they were just a father and son with a side gig, so they may have decided it was too much hassle. Hopefully nothing more serious than that. But I haven't heard anything definitive.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

John Ferreira

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »

Only 14 hours to go

https://www.waves.com/bundles/horizon

How can they justify selling something listed at 4 grand for 350 bucks? I've always thought that their plugins were overpriced. They have a whack of stuff on sale at 90% off.

Thanks John Nobile, I purchased Horizon.
John Ferreira

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »

I've used them in the past. Great and fast service.

I tried to go their site a while back and it seemed like they have closed up shop. I know they were just a father and son with a side gig, so they may have decided it was too much hassle. Hopefully nothing more serious than that. But I haven't heard anything definitive.

Domain name is for sale....  I made most of my Waves purchases through them.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »

OMG!! I can't believe it! The Waves Cyber Monday Deal (which is pretty much the same as the Black Friday deals) has been held over! What great fortune has been bestowed upon the audio community to pick up more plugins at extreme discounts for even longer!   :o ;D   ;)

Waves Cyber Monday deals held over
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:27:12 AM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »

McDSP has killer sales going on too.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.