ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stagepass 400i peaking  (Read 3546 times)

Jerry George

Stagepass 400i peaking
« on: November 23, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »

Hi
First time post :)

Here's the setup
Our church has a smaller service midweek (60 attendees) and uses the portable Yamaha stagepas 400i.
We have 3 mics and a Yamaha psr keyboard plugged into it.

Issue:
In Mid worship the keyboard that's now on full blast with beats/accompaniments suddenly hits peak on the mixer and the mixer lowers the volume for that keys channel. Resulting in a up/down volume pattern.
Cable used is : mono jack out to RC in mic (keyboard)

On the mix: the keys volume/gain knob  is 75% and the master volume knob is 60%

Can anyone help :-\

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Stagepass 400i peaking
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:54:39 PM »

Can anyone help :-\

No, sorry.

Welcome to the ProSound Forums! You will find a large resource of experience and information here ready to be tapped. However, before *anyone* can assist you, your Display Name does need to be your Real, Full Name. Would you kindly pop back into your Profile and update your Display Name to reflect your Real, Full Name? Once you do, we can address your situation!

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Chris Penny

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

Hi Jerry

Looking at the manual for the stagepass it looks like you are hitting either the feedback suppressor or limiter on the system. Given you are perceiving the keys are being adjusted, and as the system does not have the ability to affect automatically a single channel, my guess the problem is the feedback suppressor kicking in. While my first gut instinct would be turn off the suppressor, given the nature of your service you may want to keep it functional. 

Therefore what you need to do is readjust all your inputs into the system to ensure that they are not affected by what seems to be a normal operation.  In your case this would be a combination of dropping keys/mic input levels and raising your master to compensate.  As the connection to the stagepass speakers is through a DSP which applies a limiter after the master you may even feel free to turn up the master up to close to 100% (I would leave some wiggle room so maybe 90%) and lower all your input levels to compensate if that is simpler.

Sound Guy
Gymea Baptist Church
Sydney, Australia
www.gymeabaptist.org.au

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »

It says it has DSP that is designed to keep the thing going no matter what: " Yamaha’s intelligent DSP incorporates the use of advanced limiter circuits to protect vital STAGEPAS components ".......

This is easy speak for you shall not pass this threshold. You are asking for more than the system can provide and the DSP is shutting things down. I would try reducing bass on the keyboard channel and reducing bass as much as you can on the vocal channels as well. This will free up some headroom that might get you where you need.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.