ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy Duty Lighting Stand Bag  (Read 3407 times)

Chris Poynter

• www.chrispoynter.ca
Heavy Duty Lighting Stand Bag
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I have the Duratruss (i.e. Global Truss) DT-3900L crank stand and I am looking for a bag to carry it in.

The crank stand is 6-ft long (folded) and weighs 45 lbs.

I have been using the Global Truss ST-132 Crank Stand Bag for about a year, but it's not very heavy-duty and since the crank stand I'm using is quite heavy, the bag is ripping apart, zippers have broken, etc.

Here's a link to the stand: http://www.globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=603&MainId=31&Category=105

Here's a link to the current bag: http://www.globaltruss.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=340&MainId=9&Category=56

Thanks,

Christopher Poynter
www.chrispoynter.ca
Victoria, BC, CANADA

Jerome Malsack

Re: Heavy Duty Lighting Stand Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »

I go to Chicago Canvas when working on items.  The heavy canvas with tent like stitching may be a better build and more durable.   You might find a Sail shop near you that can do something from the old one and custom build a tough and durable answer. 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »

For any stands I have that do not fit into the standard On Stage Stands speaker stand bag

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/on-stage-stands-ssb-6500-speaker-stand-bag/548502000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgNrQBRC0ARIsAE-m-1wHdQ_J5AZPeF2JgGQFiWysJnXuFGJBDgx1H-t2l-ZR1ItQ2-CrtWIaAgDREALw_wcB&kwid=productads-adid%5E221957295803-device%5Ec-plaid%5E335491602713-sku%5E548502000000000@ADL4MF-adType%5EPLA

I use the bigger size which accommodates tall speaker and lighting stands. I have 3 of them and they have held up pretty well over the last few years, getting a bit threadbare now but the zips all still work and they have decent padding.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSB6500?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgNrQBRC0ARIsAE-m-1wjfrH-Wp0wp2K3zhblTZ7aMaNu8SUp76w4Zj710rPxqhblYArC0mcaAvVkEALw_wcB
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:13:44 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »

Debbie, I use those as well for mic stands when I only need a few (as opposed to the big case), but they are not long enough for the folded length of the stand Chris has.

Chris, looks like we're practically neighbours!  I use the same bags as you, and although I have nothing useful to contribute here (sorry) I too am interested in something better so I'll be paying attention to this thread.

My ST-132's are slowly chewing through those bags.  I don't use the handles anymore and just sling the stand over my shoulder but the bag still takes a beating on site and in the van.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »

Debbie, I use those as well for mic stands when I only need a few (as opposed to the big case), but they are not long enough for the folded length of the stand Chris has.

Chris, looks like we're practically neighbours!  I use the same bags as you, and although I have nothing useful to contribute here (sorry) I too am interested in something better so I'll be paying attention to this thread.

My ST-132's are slowly chewing through those bags.  I don't use the handles anymore and just sling the stand over my shoulder but the bag still takes a beating on site and in the van.

Oops I just checked the length - I thought these were longer than that...I can get my heavy duty Hercules lighting stands in them and assumed... made an ass of U & Me..well -  me
..... sorry ... as you were.... nothing to see here.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »

LOL!  Didn't mean to be a Debbie-Downer!  I do quite like those stands you mentioned, wish they came larger.  Your heart was in the right place.

I have plans to get another pair of ST-132's but will not be buying those bags again. Perhaps custom is the solution. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »

No worries Jeremy - that will teach me to jump in with a suggestion without actually making sure of my facts...

Chris Poynter

• www.chrispoynter.ca
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »

Thanks for the input everyone. Maybe custom is indeed the way to go.

Hey Debbie, I also use those On-Stage bags for my speaker stands and mic stands and they are fantastic bags. I wish they made one that was just a little bit longer to accommodate my DT-3900L stand.

Hello Jeremy... I live in Colwood... are we neighbours for realz!? I checked out your website for Brown Bear Sound - cool stuff!

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

Not quite neighbours (I'm not a creepy stalker) but in the world of PSW forums it's about as close as it gets.  I'm in Saanich right near the Gorge. 

I've spied your website before as well (OK maybe I am creepy, lol) and since I don't do anything DJ-related (just support for bands) I will happily pass inquiries your way when the opportunity comes up! 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.