ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker selection and placement  (Read 3166 times)

Chris Thorley

Speaker selection and placement
« on: November 23, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »

Hi chaps,

I've joined a Led Zeppelin tribute band and we normally play through installed PA systems, however we have a gig where we have to provide the sound system. My own system consists of 2 x Alto TS215 tops and I can add 2 active subs (I think they're Wharfedale EVP-15's). I also have a pair of Behringer B212A actives that I normally use as monitors and another active full-range 1x15" as a drum monitor when required.

The first of my questions is should I use the Alto's or Behringers as tops coupled with the subs?

Secondly, after doing some reading, I plan to put the 2 subs on one side of the playing area, next to each other on the floor, pole mount one of the tops on one of the subs and tripod-stand mount the other top at the other side of the playing area. Good idea?

Thirdly, would it be worth me getting some stand tilt adaptors to mount the tops on?

Sorry for the long post but I'd appreciate your comments.

Doga Sagun

Re: Speaker selection and placement
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »

Altı is better than behringer.I suggest u to use alto instead of behringer.

Hi chaps,

I've joined a Led Zeppelin tribute band and we normally play through installed PA systems, however we have a gig where we have to provide the sound system. My own system consists of 2 x Alto TS215 tops and I can add 2 active subs (I think they're Wharfedale EVP-15's). I also have a pair of Behringer B212A actives that I normally use as monitors and another active full-range 1x15" as a drum monitor when required.

The first of my questions is should I use the Alto's or Behringers as tops coupled with the subs?

Secondly, after doing some reading, I plan to put the 2 subs on one side of the playing area, next to each other on the floor, pole mount one of the tops on one of the subs and tripod-stand mount the other top at the other side of the playing area. Good idea?

Thirdly, would it be worth me getting some stand tilt adaptors to mount the tops on?

Sorry for the long post but I'd appreciate your comments.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber