ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antenna distribution Shure  (Read 2934 times)

Anton Antonov

Antenna distribution Shure
« on: November 23, 2017, 03:42:04 AM »

Hi all!

First of all I apologize for the English, greetings from Russia  ;)

I have 3 Shure ULXP SM58 sets, each have different frequency range (from 500 to 820 MHz). I bought Shure UA844 and now want to buy antennas. I have live sound with base-mic ranges up to 30 meters. I also work with the host of events that moves around the hall, so, it seems to me, I can`t use only directional antennas.
As I understand best way for me will be 1 directional and 1 omni-directional antennas (passive)
So, for dirrectional I have to use Shure PA805 and for omni Shure UA860SWB
At this moment all right? Or better will be use two Shure UA860SWB?

How did I read on this forum, the radio frequency anyway what is your antenna manufacturer. I see price for Sennheiser A 1031-U and Sennheiser A 2003-UHF is twice lower than Shure, are there any differences ? Can I save money and use Sennheiser set? Or the quality is lower and therefore it is cheaper?

Tnx
Anton

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:46:45 AM by Anton Antonov »

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Antenna distribution Shure
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The PA805 and UA860 are both good passive antennas. The PA805 is directional, which will give you more gain in the areas you need it. The UA860 is slightly better if you need coverage all around.

Don't forget the UA874, which is an amplified antenna and has more gain than you need, but can be dialed back to a comfortable level. It's also smaller than the PA805, which makes it somewhat easier to store and transport. They're cardioid, but they still work well from the back. I wouldn't necessarily rule them out because of their directionality.

The Sennheiser antennas are good too, and will work fine with your Shure gear. A possible reason they're cheaper for you is because you're closer to Europe. The Sennheiser A2003 is much smaller than the PA805, and doesn't have quite as much gain, but they're good antennas. I have a couple, but I only use them on IEM transmitters.

When I use PA805's I typically use them as transmit antennas, but I've occasionally used them on receivers with good results.

I have 2 UA860's and 4 UA874's in my inventory, but I find that I rarely (almost never) use the UA860's, even in situations when I need coverage to the sides and rear. The UA874's work well for me for basically everything I do.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »

Hi all!

First of all I apologize for the English, greetings from Russia  ;)

I have 3 Shure ULXP SM58 sets, each have different frequency range (from 500 to 820 MHz). I bought Shure UA844 and now want to buy antennas. I have live sound with base-mic ranges up to 30 meters. I also work with the host of events that moves around the hall, so, it seems to me, I can`t use only directional antennas.
As I understand best way for me will be 1 directional and 1 omni-directional antennas (passive)
So, for dirrectional I have to use Shure PA805 and for omni Shure UA860SWB
At this moment all right? Or better will be use two Shure UA860SWB?

How did I read on this forum, the radio frequency anyway what is your antenna manufacturer. I see price for Sennheiser A 1031-U and Sennheiser A 2003-UHF is twice lower than Shure, are there any differences ? Can I save money and use Sennheiser set? Or the quality is lower and therefore it is cheaper?

Tnx
Anton
You might be surprised how well the directional  antennas receive signals that are off axis, if the transmitters are a bit closer.
Considering the price, you could start with 2 of the Sennheiser A2003s and see how they work.
The Sennheiser A1031 is,  in my experience, a good omni antenna.
Whatever you choose, make sure to use good quality antenna cable, keep the runs short and the antennas well up in the air!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Anton Antonov

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »

Many thanks for your replies, now it is much clearer!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.