ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Careful out there  (Read 4484 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Careful out there
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »

Isn't  that like apologizing for calling your girlfriend fat, by saying "I should not have said that, knowing that you love donuts.  I won't  call you fat next time I think it.".

While I find this hilarious. Lets all play nice.

I'm thinking we should either stick on topic (home/storage security) or we can just can the whole thread.

Coz if they'd be white dudes they would have asked politely if they could help put it all away right?  You probably want to rethink how this thread might be "too political".

I thought about not mentioning any descriptives.

I ended up thinking that facts weren't political.

---

Lets fix this right here/now.

We can continue talking about:

-Nice cool LED motion lights
-Security systems (cameras, alarms, etc)
-facts relating to the post

We can't continue talking about:
-our opinions on guns
-our opinions on politics

---

No offense intended to anyone's views. I just don't want this to get too much into the mire.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Barry Singleton

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »

Coz if they'd be white dudes they would have asked politely if they could help put it all away right?  You probably want to rethink how this thread might be "too political".

I am not going to touch the race or weapon thing at all.

But I have an honest question. How is the description on an event or scene political? Is it really the responsibility of the reporter to attempt to sterilize the event so that no one could possibly take offense?

The direction this is taking us will eventually call out that the description of the car could possibly be indicative of the economic status of the alleged perpetrating homo sapiens and should be stricken from the story.

Barf.

I do like really bright lights though!  :)

Barry.       
If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »

Yep...be careful out there. There are people with guns!
Heavy traffic and he is facing the road and pulls gun!
"Hey....I just called the cops" might have been just as effective, as a first response.

That aside, pretty ballsy move on their part!
Glad you didn't loose any gear or were called to court after a shooting.

I know...I know...I'm Canadian and just "don't understand"  ;)
The following is not political; it's pure weapons best practice.

You never unholster, brandish, or cock a weapon unless you are prepared to immediately follow through with using it. While it might serve as a deterrent and frighten away agressors, the consequences for everyone involved are grave if the agressor continues to threaten. Should that threat merely be to property and not to life or health, then you are in a possibly intractable mess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »

The following is not political; it's pure weapons best practice.

You never unholster, brandish, or cock a weapon unless you are prepared to immediately follow through with using it. While it might serve as a deterrent and frighten away agressors, the consequences for everyone involved are grave if the agressor continues to threaten. Should that threat merely be to property and not to life or health, then you are in a possibly intractable mess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was kinda surprised by the uneducated comments.  In CCW class it was emphasized over and over that when you draw your weapon be prepared to use deadly force. It is not a deterrent.  Brandishing, firing in the air or aiming for anything other than a square shot (hit a moving target in the leg?  That's movie stuff).  Protecting property with deadly force while self gratifying is probably not legal.  You could make a case that you were in imminent danger from the trespassers but that would be hard to get a group of "reasonable men" to concur.

I don't think discussing the safe use of firearms, especially as they relate to the very public operation of our business is political.

I do agree that mentioning the race of the offenders is an inflammatory and unneeded detail.   The response should be for the behavior. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »

Time to move on.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.