ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless microphone setup for smaart  (Read 17594 times)

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
Re: Wireless microphone setup for smaart
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »

Glad to see you back here Langston!

Lyle Williams

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 03:12:32 AM »

Gee, battery operated phantom power supplies are expensive (for what they are...)

Lyle Williams

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »

I made the same tests on the Line 6 XD-V75 receiver with TBP12 beltpack transmitter. The cable for the beltpack: XLF pin 2 to TA4F pins 3-4. XLF pins 1-3 to TA4F pin 1. TA4F pin 2 unconnected. The big downside is no phantom power like the MIPRO plug-on has.

I built the above setup with an XD-V55/TBP12 today, and it seems to work.  I'll run some better tests over the next few days.

The only battery phantom supplies available locally were serious brand name offerings that were $400+, so I am using a simple circuit with 2 9v batteries.  My measurement mic is the dayton emm-6.

I am using the Studio Six package on an iPad as a single channel TF rig.  This has worked fine for me wired.  Wireless should be a nice enhancement.

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:35 AM »

Gee, battery operated phantom power supplies are expensive (for what they are...)
I'm using the iRigPre. It costs $30.- and makes 48V from a 9V battery. Only downside is the minijack connector, ive replaced it with a TA4F.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpre/

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »

I recently tried a MIPRO ACT-818 receiver with TA-80 plug-on transmitter. It is a digital system that is advertised "to eliminate compander noise" and to be suitable for "acoustical measurements". I beg to differ. :)

Thats unfortunate!  I had recently been talking to our local MiPro distributor about some other stuff in their range, and had saw this plug on transmitter and thought it'd be great for measurement. While I hadn't done any extensive research myself the frequency response chart they'd sent me looked promising.  A shame that's not really the case  :(

k

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 01:46:52 AM »

Any of the currently available wideband Lectrosonics units will work. It's all compandor free. Generally, folks are using a plug-on HMa TX and either an LT or R400a RX, but you can set it up with Venue2 if you needed multiple channels.

If anyone needs a demo you're welcome to get in touch with me.

Lectrosonics TM400 would probably be your best bet. Purpose built for measurement and calibration.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 01:46:52 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.