ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaart V8.1 (api enabled) and Powersoft Armonia software  (Read 6056 times)

Mark Wilkinson

Re: Smaart V8.1 (api enabled) and Powersoft Armonia software
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

Hi Timo,

I like your suggestion that automatic delay compensation be up to the user. 
(I wonder how they are doing it, via setting delay per channel, or setting the tap count on all channels to equal longest channel.)

If the LIR/auto timing compensation is removed, and all that is left is 384 taps, I feel that doesn't work for me. 
Because I like using steep x-overs to minimize the range of frequency overlap, which gives more consistent vertical ofax response IME.
384 craps out at 48dB/oct, somewhere in the 3-400Hz range. (I really prefer going to 96dB/oct LRs)

Oh...and yeah, I like your method of looking for ofax problem points.  Wish there was some software to identify common anomalies in traces.
I manually look for problems in vertical ofax.
For horiz ofax, I think averaging works really well.
Just trying to share techniques here.....always learning :)

Thx for checking, when you get a chance, on whether LIR works in addition to implementing FIR.
No examples needed, I would just like to know if LIR remains available.

I've been having other sound guys listen to my tuning efforts too...we all need 2nd opinions  ;)
The guys and I say we are hearing the same thing  ......as mag and phase get more and more linear...
...the sound gets clearer and much more dynamic....phase IS timing, huh?

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 06:31:44 AM »

I most of the time try to avoid high order x-over filters (old school guy so ;)). Also overlap will give me a max addition of +6 if aligned properly

The thing i notice on flat phase and semi flat frequency respons is the vocal range being "in your face" and a more detailed sound/placement of instruments.

I do have some thoughts regarding STI/STIPA and the stuff Fulcrum Acoustic is doing but they need to be proven.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 06:31:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.