ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Event hall fun  (Read 11483 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Event hall fun
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 08:32:22 AM »

At least one of the major RV manufacturers that I've pointed out dangerous electrical conditions to has told me that they've put my email address into the junk list so they never see it. Their plan is to never see or answer any email or letter I send to them about any RV electrical safety issues I identify. They've told me face-to-face that any email thread or letters would be discoverable in the event of a lawsuit, so they just put on blinders and circle the wagons. They'll still take my calls to discuss electrical issues, but even that would probably change if I make too much noise. So I'm Persona Non Grata as far as many of the RV manufacturers are concerned.

That's incredibly chicken-shit of them.  Thor?  Winnebago?  Dutchman?  Coachman?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »

At least one of the major RV manufacturers that I've pointed out dangerous electrical conditions to has told me that they've put my email address into the junk list so they never see it. Their plan is to never see or answer any email or letter I send to them about any RV electrical safety issues I identify. They've told me face-to-face that any email thread or letters would be discoverable in the event of a lawsuit, so they just put on blinders and circle the wagons. They'll still take my calls to discuss electrical issues, but even that would probably change if I make too much noise. So I'm Persona Non Grata as far as many of the RV manufacturers are concerned.

CC the AHJ in each email. Still a paper trail, won't make friends but probably will save lives...
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »

CC the AHJ in each email. Still a paper trail, won't make friends but probably will save lives...

AHJ for electrical wiring in the RV industry? There probably isn't one.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 07:10:34 PM »

AHJ for electrical wiring in the RV industry? There probably isn't one.

Actually there is... It's called the RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) and they're in charge of all RV wiring code as well as teaching  RV technicians how to wire them. Of course RVIA is paid by dues from the RV manufacturers themselves, so you can guess how that works. I've actually sat across the table from 8 of the largest RV manufactures in the world, and they were all pissed at me for teaching consumers about electrical safety in my articles and videos. Oh the stories I could tell, but I won't. 

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:45 PM »

Just imagine bigrig manufacturers were pissed about informational videos on how to drive safely on the road.

Now that would cause a stir.

I don't see how it is acceptable for a group of manufacturers to actually allow life threatening situations...

Maybe you need to start recording phonecalls, depending on if that is legal in your area.

For someone that is making the world a safer place, there is certainly not a lot you can do to hold those responsible accountable.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

John Fruits

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 05:24:50 AM »

The legality of recording phone calls varies from state to state in the US.  In some states you just need the permission of one party, in other states you need the permission of all parties. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »

Actually there is... It's called the RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) and they're in charge of all RV wiring code as well as teaching  RV technicians how to wire them. Of course RVIA is paid by dues from the RV manufacturers themselves, so you can guess how that works. I've actually sat across the table from 8 of the largest RV manufactures in the world, and they were all pissed at me for teaching consumers about electrical safety in my articles and videos. Oh the stories I could tell, but I won't.
This will last until someone gets hurt and the lawyers find you as an expert witness against the RV folks. 

"Intentional ignorance" can be considered negligence.  I'm not a fan of government regulators or lawyers, but this kind of junk is why they're necessary.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.