ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding postage rate-Ultimate Support mic stand  (Read 4078 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: Question regarding postage rate-Ultimate Support mic stand
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »

Ultimate support has not so great support. I recall having a similar warranty issue with several back and forth emails.

I finally asked if they wanted to help me fix my stand or wanted me to replace them all with K&M, and they dropped a warranty part in the mail.

I only own a few Apex keyboard stands from them. About 15 years ago I noticed that the plastic cover that holds the arms in storage had broken off every stand after years of use. I also was missing some rubber feet and a few other parts. I made a list then called them expecting to pay for the parts but I gave the service rep the list of parts I needed and she said it was no charge and sent them out at their cost.

I guess their warranty has changed now that they are a much larger company

BTW, I still have the stands in use in my back line  inventory!
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »

I understand a company being careful when someone tells them an item simply doesn't work and expects a replacement to be sent out on the strength of it. I am sure folks abuse warranties all the time by not being truthful. Also it is reasonable to have  to provide a copy of an invoice showing original owner and date of purchase.
However, In a situation like this where it is only the hub/hub bolt that is defective and I provided photos and copy of invoice, it is obviously a genuine claim.

Recently I contacted SKB because my old 12 space ATA rack case (molded) no longer stayed shut - the catches were loose. I had attempted to repair by replacing the gaskets one time which did pulled the lids in a bit tighter and this worked for short while but then loosened off again. I contacted SKB and although I couldn't find my original receipt, on the strength of a few answered questions and one photo, the rep honored the warranty and sent me out a brand new $250 SKB rack.
He did ask for the old one back which I was happy to do and allowed me to pay their corporate rate to get it shipped - about $40.  The new design is actually better than t told one so I am very happy.

I also have had 2 excellent warranty claims from Hercules stands. On the strength of a couple of photos and copy of invoice, they sent me complete stands each time.

It would be nice to know what warranty service folks here have had - My buying decisions are definitely affected by what I experience and read from others.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »

I have also had great experiences with SKB. I had a latch problem on a gen 1 case and they sent me new latches with new rivets.

I inquired to Atlas once about a broken casting on a studio stand for a price for the part. They couldn’t figure out how to sell me the part so just sent it to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »

It would be nice to know what warranty service folks here have had - My buying decisions are definitely affected by what I experience and read from others.

This has nothing to do with sound equipment, but there's a pretty good chance most people here have used those folding plastic tables made by Lifetime Products.

Somewhere around 15 years ago, we had a portable basketball hoop made by Lifetime Products. Horsing around, I broke off the adjustment handle. It was entirely my fault. I called the company to order a replacement, and they sent me a replacement handle at no charge, even when I protested and said I wanted to pay for it, and there was no need to verify anything with photos or send parts back.

Ever since, I've had a soft spot for Lifetime Products (even though optical mice don't track well on the plastic tables).
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.