ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW SM260 Wiring diagrams / Schematics  (Read 3888 times)

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
EAW SM260 Wiring diagrams / Schematics
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »

Does anybody have wiring documentation on the EAW SM260 monitors?  Trying to repair some that still have all the crossover boards, but previous owner gutted the wiring.  Thank you in advance if you can help.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:20:39 PM by Raul Suarez »
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: EAW SM260 Wiring diagrams / Schematics
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »

I believe the usual answer to these kind of questions is that you should phone(not email) EAW and find out from them.

Other then that hopefully someone here knows

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:35 PM »

I believe the usual answer to these kind of questions is that you should phone(not email) EAW and find out from them.

Other then that hopefully someone here knows

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

There is that, and my guess is that Third Ear Sound has done so; Raul is a smart and resourceful guy.

What he's too much of a gentleman to say is that that EAW's passive crossovers were built on whatever old piece of phenolic is sitting around in a bin, without the grace of connection labels or other indicators of wiring termination.  Some internal parts of *legacy* EAW products are even less than scrap phenolic, too.  Current hi-tech lines like Anya are entirely different from the past, however.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »

Yea but they got the prize for most complex passive crossovers in captivity.  The original KF300 crossovers ran almost the entire height of the box, that on a bi-amped three way speaker.

...What he's too much of a gentleman to say is that that EAW's passive crossovers were built on whatever old piece of phenolic is sitting around in a bin, ...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »

Yea but they got the prize for most complex passive crossovers in captivity.  The original KF300 crossovers ran almost the entire height of the box, that on a bi-amped three way speaker.

And it was assembled on a piece of scrap plywood....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ben Mehlman

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »

Wish I could help.. had the same experience rewiring a pair of FR153z.. bought from a church, mids not working .. turned out someone chose to fix the problem by putting some teeny tiny EV crossover (probably from a Force I cabinet.. something real cheap) in there.. making it into a 2 way box... So yea had to replace a diaphragm, two mid drivers and then figure out the crossover wiring.       But they work well now :)

Someone from PSW did come through with a schematic for me when I had to replace all the capacitors in my FR153hr's.  I give EAW full marks for putting some money into the crossover even in their lower priced box.

Keith Finch

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 05:13:22 PM »

Can you post some pics, it may be similar to another build.

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »

Can you post some pics, it may be similar to another build.
Thank you all for your responses.  Yes, we did reach out to EAW.  We did find one party that says they have the drawings and says they swill send, but then never forwards them.  Definitely not the simplest x-over.  Any further help would be most welcome.

Keith, great to hear from you.  As per suggestion I am attaching some photos.  Not easy to get good shots without completely removing the boards from the cabinet.   Let me know your thoughts and thanks to all in advance.
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

That sure is a LOT of passive xover for a 2 way box!
One has to ask why in the world did they not at least label the xover mounting boards and or staple a wiring diagram on the inside wall of that wedge.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.