ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what micro would better suit me  (Read 5230 times)

Sergio Diogo

Re: what micro would better suit me
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies.

We are on the early stages of our formation, so we do not have a sound engineer, sometimes not even a FOH engineer. So, I would say that many times the need to scream is just a bad setup of sound and monitors.

So, at this point just want to upgrade to a micro where that would allow me to explore the different ranges and types of my voice with an increase of quality.

Thanks,
Sérgio

Warrick Moore

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »

You may need to audition a number of mics to see what suits your voice. I would add a Heil PR35 to that list. I think it will be ideal for your style.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sergio Diogo

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »

Hi,

so at the end, I did buy the Shure Beta 58a - I did not find locally that many offers, Shure is quite famous and the most easy micro to find on any store...

Anyway, once I can get a Shure SM58 on almost any place we perform, I decided to go for the Shure Beta 58a, no point getting a SM58, if at the end, I would end up using the one available on stage.

So, I must say that I find the Shure Beta 58 very easy to use... it capture my voice nuances and different tones. No need to scream to get heard.... I can even cover the micro for the megaphone effect (no need to swear on me).

So, I am not very aware of all the technical terms to express it here; but overall, I have the feeling that my voice is more enhanced (anyway, I was using PG 58).

I did try some other brand, do not remember the name, which had a sound that was more warm, but I got the feeling that was too much warm and all the time, with the Beta 58, I can play around more with the micro and get different levels of sound ... if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all your help and hope my comments will help someone.

Regards,
Sérgio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.