ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend LED light bars.  (Read 5423 times)

Warrick Moore

Recommend LED light bars.
« on: November 13, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »

Sorry, complete novice here. Need to Wash the walls with light for a carol service. What is recommended?

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Recommend LED light bars.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:15:28 PM »

Standard questions:
1. What size and number of walls?
2. Up-lighting or downlighting?
3. What control do you need?
4. Your budget?
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »

5.  Indoors or outdoors?
6.  Any concerns about running wires, being on a very tight power budget, or noise from cooling fans?
7.  Is appearance on video a concern?
8.  I take it you already have your other stage lighting sorted out, or is this a standalone effect? 

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:20:58 AM »

Additional when purchasing...

Your user name must be your actual first and last name per the forum rules you agreed to when signing up.  Please go to your profile and change your name to comply with these rules.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »

Additional when purchasing

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

John Edwards

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »

Standard questions:
1. What size and number of walls?
2. Up-lighting or downlighting?
3. What control do you need?
4. Your budget?

Hi all..
Looking for something similar so just will post here.  This is for a small dance studio. So nothing crazy. Needs to be RGBW, so they can change the color of the studio.

1. Room is 50'x20'.  All 4 walls would need to be washed.  The ceiling height is only 8ft.
2. Down lighting, since they cant put anything on the floor.  Was thinking of placing on the wall, or something in the drop ceiling, where we can aim it on the wall
3. DMX Fixtures w\control (we need to use these controllers - http://www.convergingsystems.com/controllers.php.  Since it integrated with our control system)
4. Not sure on that. Would say entry to mid level.
5. Indoor
6. THere is a drop ceiling, so we can get wire anywhere. So not a concern.  Would rather have it hardwired over wireless.

Hope this is enough info to help me in the right direction.  I have been looking online, but there is a ton of stuff out there.

Came across these -
https://www.aspectled.com/products/3-5-rgb-white-led-recessed-light-for-slope-ceilings-ultra-bright-24w?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvebhBRD5ARIsAIQUmnkQE3EbnTZzmvK_0Yr_bgqXYTxFyeKcYWzNA-WSxyM8pgKMBRlSLnUaAkyiEALw_wcB&variant=5827849413#tab-3
https://www.solidapollo.com/pathway-rgb-dimmable-led-in-ground-landscaping-light.html

Not sure if this would give me what I am looking for..

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 11:54:29 PM »

The first item does not appear to be designed to be dimmed. The second is only RGB.  Neither tell you about beam spread, color mixing, or the luminous density. Are you trying to color wash just the walls or do you want to light the floor area too?  How much pattern control will your other lighting have? 

Traditional cyc (plain backdrop) lighting is a overhead set of "strip lights" - just a row of lamps that can be aimed for focus purposes, dimmed, and gelled for color.

You have 140' of walls to light. I suspect that you're are going to need close to 140' of strip fixtures if your intent is to wash only the walls without lots of shadows. YMMV.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:16:47 PM by Mark Cadwallader »
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Mal Brown

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37:42 AM »

Mono price 9x10 RGBW color mixers at $60 or under per unit are effective.  I have a couple of dozen.  They get a lot of use.

Bars... ooops
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:35:21 AM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 02:29:44 AM »

Some of the options from Color Kinetics come to mind here, as many are designed for permanent installation with numerous options to fit the application and design in mind.  These products fall more on the professional end of the spectrum and thus have a professional price and should be selected/installed/programmed by someone with experience in this product line.  You’ll just have to decide if this is worth it to you versus the DIY route with a few boxes of Amazon/eBay fixtures hoping for the best.  Since this is an installation, you have to adhere to the applicable building codes too.  If it were me, I’d be consulting with a local AV integrator who can handle the project while taking the risk and liability off you.  Just my two cents though.  Good luck!   

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »

For a permanent solution, look at Solid Apollo strip lighting.  they have a lot of different products for architectural type lighting.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.