ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Laser Printer Recommendation?  (Read 5736 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Laser Printer Recommendation?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »

I've had several laser printers over the years and all but one of them is still running - a Brother that I gave to a coworker; an old Lexmark (back from when they were built in the USA, sold for parts after the rollers gummed up), Canon D420 Image Class - bought 3 of them for $99 each and kept 1 for me and gave the others as gifts; and my current office printer is a Lexmark X464 MFC.

For a little printer that was relatively cheap the Brother wins.  I printed close to 50,000 pages before giving it away.  The best value for price has been the Canons.  For longevity, the big Lexys.

For cost per page the winner was Lexmark, with OEM toner and a sharp eye for paper on sale I have a CPP of <$0.06 double sided.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »

Thank you all for the outpouring of replies. I really appreciate it. Emboldened, I'll continue my shopping. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »

Another vote for the Brother HL 2270 if you only want B & W.. Does duplex copies and wireless. I have owned this printer for probably almost 10 years years and it is still going strong. Cartridges are cheap compared to other types of printers. Can't say enough about it.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »

I need a new laser printer. I don't print that much and don't need speed or super resolution.  I just want something that is not a total piece of crap and might last more than 2 years. 8.5 x 11 in. paper. USB is fine, network a plus. Budget is < ~$300. Many thanks for any of your experiences.

--Frank
Ive repaired printers for over 20 years.  HP laser.  Your good to go.
Hp Image drum/toner and waste toner all fit in that cartridge.  Other brands have a toner cartridge, an image drum and a waste toner cup. 

This model will work great for you
HP LaserJet Pro M402dw
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:23:47 PM by Mac Kerr »

Scott Helmke

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 08:53:10 AM »

Another vote for HP printers.  Sometimes I've found the software to be complete crap in amazingly innovative ways, but the hardware is solid.  Current generation also has good Linux support, which is important to me.

I currently have a LaserJet Pro M404n, still on the factory cartridge which is supposed to be less capacity.  Aside from one Windows 10 laptop everything has been very smooth connecting and printing.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 11:21:48 AM »

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 11:21:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.