ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Laser Printer Recommendation?  (Read 5730 times)

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
Laser Printer Recommendation?
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »

I need a new laser printer. I don't print that much and don't need speed or super resolution.  I just want something that is not a total piece of crap and might last more than 2 years. 8.5 x 11 in. paper. USB is fine, network a plus. Budget is < ~$300. Many thanks for any of your experiences.

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Laser Printer Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »

I recently bought a Dell  E310dw...   (July)....  Cheaper than the old HP inkjet cartridges and so far so good...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Christian Ekren

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

BW or full color? If BW only, the Brother HL-L2340DW would be my first choice. I've had a similar model for almost 3 years now that's still going strong.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:51:28 PM by Christian Ekren »

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »

I need a new laser printer. I don't print that much and don't need speed or super resolution.  I just want something that is not a total piece of crap and might last more than 2 years. 8.5 x 11 in. paper. USB is fine, network a plus. Budget is < ~$300. Many thanks for any of your experiences.

--Frank

I own 3 of the previous model and am very happy.  I travel with is and have had no problems.  only $160

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BBL2TRS/ref=sr_ob_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1510602521&sr=8-11
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »

Most of the HP printers are very good, even the used ones.  I buy the "commercial" large (500 sheet) printers with networking for about $150.00.  I have two (used) HP-4050n printers that I currently use.  Exponentially cheaper to own/operate than color (if B/W is all you need).

Terry Martin

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »

I purchased a Brother MFC - can’t remember model number - about 2 years ago.  It has worked well, just replaced toner last week (from factory install).  Bonus is the scanning/copying function.  I believe it was within your budget.  I also have an HP multi function on my daughters computer about the same age.   No problems from it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Fruits

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »

Plus 1 on Brother, i currently have 3 Brother printers, a HL-2270DW b&w laser, HL-3170CDW color laser and a MFC-J5910DW color inkjet with scanner and prints up to 11 x 17.  I like the auto-duplex on the laser printers, I hate to waste paper.  The toner for the black and white isn't to pricey but replacing the toners for the color can cost more than the printer.  I don't consider the color laser suitable for color photos.  The 2270 is usb and wireless only but the others can be on a network.
One thing I really like about Brother is you can easily just install the driver unlike install discs for other brands which are loaded with bloatware.  One thing about laser printers, it seems it is best to plug them into a wall outlet rather than a plug strip. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

Yep, have had a similar ~$150 B&W Brother at home for nearly 5 years without issue. Have a nicer color model at the office that is also pretty great. Toner can be had for cheap and lasts a crazy long time on the B&W only model.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:26 PM »

I use, and have used HP printers for more than 30 years dating back to the original LaserJet. I have been involved w/sales, service, heavy use, networking of HP's printer line and have never been disappointed. The #1 thing about HP LaserJet printers is the reliability which is 2nd to none.

My current HP is an all in one, black and white only that goes through a ream of paper every two (2) days, and has been printing at that volume for over 3 years. I also have Laserjets that I can't get toner for anymore (HP4) and are still working fine.

I suggest the HP printer at the link below, the replacement for my HP 1546. 28ppm, copy, fax, and duplex all built in. Toner about $70 and good for a few thousand pages or more.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-laserjet-pro-m227fdw-black-and-white-all-in-one-printer/5689641.p?skuId=5689641

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

I'm with Bob on HP printers. My day gig is now IT and I've found HP to be the better ones that we've used. I just got 9 HPM402's for smaller jobs here and they've been great. Might be a little pricey for you but I've had great results with cheaper models. The older HP1020 seems indestructible. They're old but I'm keeping a few around as spares.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.