ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet Funfetti  (Read 2792 times)

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
Chauvet Funfetti
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »

We have 2, used twice clamped onto truss about 20' over a dance floor. Results were not impressive. How tight do you pack the confetti? Do you loosen the wrapped bundles they come in or just stuff the bricks as is? Any particular brand or style of confetti work better? We don't have a good space to experiment in, so any shared experiences with these fixtures is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Chauvet Funfetti
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:13:04 PM »

Results were not impressive.

And they won't be.  Based on the way it works this machine will lack any ability to really "shoot" much of anything.  It's more at home at your local party center where 5 and 6 years olds will think it's awesome no matter what.  Best is a relative term with this, but when using "fan-blown" effects I've had the most success with loose packing, so that the fan can really whip it up a little.  Packing too tightly will tend to make the product fall out in clumps, in contrast to a proper compressed air or CO2 effect.  What's the desired effect you're trying to achieve?   

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:46 AM »

We used these on a "Dancing with the Stars" themed gala-fundraiser. Shot them off when they announced the winners. I know they aren't top of the line units. I'm hoping to learn any tips to get the best performance possible out of them. They are quite noisy...

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »

We used these on a "Dancing with the Stars" themed gala-fundraiser. Shot them off when they announced the winners. I know they aren't top of the line units. I'm hoping to learn any tips to get the best performance possible out of them. They are quite noisy...

People will have seen the real thing and be underwhelmed as was pointed out.  One of the other production houses just added some when they brought on Co2 fog cannons.  Comparing them to the DJ rigs is like an old man with an enlarged prostate vs. a thoroughbred race horse. 

Of course safely storing and transporting compressed gas is yet another complexity, if one of those tanks falls over and the valve is knocked off you will have a missile on the loose.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.