ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)  (Read 319 times)

Jose Alas

Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »

I have a pair of JBL eon 615 and i need two more monitors. I have received 2 offers either a pair of Behringer b615d of a pair of passive JBL mpro 215. Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 

JBL model is old but i've heard they are very solid but these ones are used and at least 6-8 years of usage. The behringers were bought this year and are still under warranty.

Any experience with the Behringers ??  Are the EONs 615 better than the behringers B615D ??

Any input is appreciated.

Jose Alas

Re: Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

I have a pair of JBL eon 615 and i need two more monitors. I have received 2 offers either a pair of Behringer b615d of a pair of passive JBL mpro 215. Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 

JBL model is old but i've heard they are very solid but these ones are used and at least 6-8 years of usage. The behringers were bought this year and are still under warranty.

Any experience with the Behringers ??  Are the EONs 615 better than the behringers B615D ??

Any input is appreciated.

a) Behringer b615d x 2 = $725 (Still under warranty)

b) Passive JBL mpro 215 x 2 = $275 + (crown power $250) = $525 (used)

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:28:33 pm »

Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 
Can you find another set of EON 615's? If you got to have more then it's better to have them all the same at least. I don't like any of the boxes in your list but if I had to pick it would be a powered box and having owned some Behringer B512d I cant suggest those in good conscience.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:57 am »

a) Behringer b615d x 2 = $725 (Still under warranty)

b) Passive JBL mpro 215 x 2 = $275 + (crown power $250) = $525 (used)
c) JBL EON615 x 2 = $900.00 (new, with warranty, matches existing inventory)

While these aren't my first choice in powered speakers in general, since you already have a pair and they are certainly serviceable pieces I'd have to recommend option c).  Might be able to pick them up for under $900.00 a pair shipped with some crafty shopping.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily that of the company for which I work.

www.propresenters.com

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 01:17:14 pm »

Behringer warranty is normally non-tranferable but it varies in some countries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 19 queries.