ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proximity Effect, yep, that again.  (Read 7978 times)

Mark Brownell

Re: Proximity Effect, yep, that again.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »

I came here, asked people smarter than me, followed good solid advice and implemented their basic suggestions following good practices that concentrated on simple fundamentals, not voodoo and tricks and secret formulas, and the result was incredibly fun to work with.

Stephen, I appreciate your thoughts. What I have here is by the numbers. It's no longer a secret. It just fell in people's laps by a guy that ran away to the circus for a few years. I just so happened to be in the right place and the right time.

So this is how this trick works. You just pass it by. Don't risk your ears because they just might be too shot to hear it anyway. But you will have to admit one thing if it turns out to be true. Your names are all on this as long as this thread exists. I've always wondered if my brains, the only guy I know that actually read all the outboard manuals for studio effects gear, keyboards, samplers, and midi protocol for programmers. All I do is wear people out. I wonder if my first post is too technical? To me it is simple. Take 200 down 30%, boost 100 30%. Make sure the crossovers and high pass filters do not conflict. It would take a normal sound man maybe five minutes to tweak ten mics. I just can't believe nobody would actually try it. But if you have singers that don't swallow the mic and you properly set mics in good positions then maybe you won't hear it.

The fact that it is not published at this forum fascinates me. I can guess with certainty that this one got past you all. You would have said you know this technique by now. So I did tell you a trade craft secret. That's a feather in my cap.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 12:38:10 AM »

Ever heard of UROK? How about the Hazies? I'll bet you missed the Jen and the Genitorturers? This is stupid. I don't care if you reject it. Buzz off cowboy.

Amazing. Keep up the face to the crowd. I don't care. You are actually sure of your self. Great job. This is the only topic I want to share here at this forum. Still waiting for someone better than you to drag your JAMF butt to school. It will happen too. There must be people here that want to set you strait. This is the chance. You marginalize what you won't consider and poster yourself as if the time you have spent here entitles you to be the guardian.

I am the guardian of nothing and I have nothing to prove nor any face to keep. 

So far you have proffered nothing of interest to me, my loss in your opinion and that's fine.  I too have reread your post and am still not sure of your intentions.  You want validation of the principal and acceptance of the process.  That is up to each to take value.

Certainly if someone gains something from the process it's a win.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mark Brownell

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »

People will find it valuable. Setting the mics correctly and getting the singers to back away is far better. Audio coupling still happens because of rooms. If you have audio coupling at any frequency you can use this trick. You just have to identify it and do the math. Harmonics are very powerful. You can even use noise cancellation tricks. You know this.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »

Mark...time to move on.
We are not worthy of your "secrets"
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mark Brownell

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »

I've got to ask the brain trust around here. You guys that have it all with those massive digital boards at huge venues, you guys. You've got microphone modeling and impulse responses up the wing wang with so much CPU power that you can use them on every channel don't you.

Enjoy your micro managed captivity. I was not a troll.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »

I will. You know what happened at the church shooting in Texas? The first guy this angry person shot was the sound man.
Where did you hear this? From what I can see, the gunman started shooting from outside the church before entering.

If you were attempting to make a "joke" about this violent event, it's too soon and absolutely not appropriate in any manner.

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »

Debates about political issues are not permitted on these forums. Please take your comments on those elsewhere.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »

And we're not laughing.  Bye, troll.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.