ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Just ordered a Qu-16  (Read 1675 times)

Dustin Campbell

Re: Just ordered a Qu-16
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:50 pm »

That's a good price.  I probably would have bought the QU-16 rather than the one I did buy had the price been this low.

Which one did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Banning CA,

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 08:20:34 pm »

My first digital board - canít wait till it arrives on Friday- picked it up for 1100/ 65 to ship.
Good choice. In this day and age buying a console that doesn't have a touch screen interface (ie; behringer/midas, ) is just silly IMO. The QU series has its UI quirks, but it really is a great package. It works. It sounds good. It does everything I need it to do. It is a perfect replacement for the mixwizard 16/2 in almost every case. Plus automix, and multitrack recording, and pro-tools interface, and iPad app, and digital snake, and...

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 08:34:00 pm »

Good choice. In this day and age buying a console that doesn't have a touch screen interface (ie; behringer/midas, ) is just silly IMO. The QU series has its UI quirks, but it really is a great package. It works. It sounds good. It does everything I need it to do. It is a perfect replacement for the mixwizard 16/2 in almost every case. Plus automix, and multitrack recording, and pro-tools interface, and iPad app, and digital snake, and...

For sure- the routing is mind boggling - canít wait to do monitor mixing with iPad on stage - most musicians I donít trust what they want hehe

Banning CA,

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 11:45:52 pm »

For sure- the routing is mind boggling - canít wait to do monitor mixing with iPad on stage - most musicians I donít trust what they want hehe

I'm mostly a FOH mixer and system engineer and I'm not usually thrilled to do monitors from FOH.  Having a remote device (either iThingy or spaceBot) makes it much easier, faster and more satisfying to the performers to receive direct and immediate attention at sound check.

Note I said "sound check."  WiFi isn't sufficiently robust to deliver professional quality control of audio for showtime.  Yeah, some folks do it all the time without issue but most end up tolerating a drop out or lock up or 2 per show, sometimes more.  A comment in another thread about this all working until the audience shows up with their network-promiscuous cell phones is spot on.  Flawless until the punters arrive...  Don't count on having constant and full control over monitors at showtime with just an iPad.  Just sayin....
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 06:15:44 am »

Iím not sure - I want to go digital snake so no doghouse will be needed - definitely open to suggestions

I have not found a need for a digital snake thus far......  I set up my QU mixer on the side of the stage, mic cables connect directly to the mixer, power up the rig, line check, then, using my iPad mini I go onstage and get levels on the monitors.
After all of the above, I stand out front with my iPad and mix.

I use a Gator pop-up case.  It works great for me.

Mike Cohn

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 08:17:10 am »

My first digital board - canít wait till it arrives on Friday- picked it up for 1100/ 65 to ship. Was watching tutorials last night - these digital boards can sure do a lot

Congrats on the new board! Once you understand some of the concepts and workflow, you'll love the QU.  Having used analogue boards for almost 30 years, it was a bit of a headscrstcher at first, but now I love it.

Do yourself a favor and get an iPad to run along with it. It will make it easier and faster to access things or allow you to have 2 different channels up at one time.

Probably the weirdest thing to learn will be channel layers. Figure that out and you should be well on your way.

Enjoy and don't forget to have fun!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 08:59:07 am »

In this day and age buying a console that doesn't have a touch screen interface (ie; behringer/midas, ) is just silly IMO.

Last year, I used an X32.  The last time I used one was at least a year before.  It took me an embarrassingly long time to work out why I couldn't get the touch screen to work!

Steve.

Steve Crump

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 09:00:55 am »

I have not found a need for a digital snake thus far......  I set up my QU mixer on the side of the stage, mic cables connect directly to the mixer, power up the rig, line check, then, using my iPad mini I go onstage and get levels on the monitors.
After all of the above, I stand out front with my iPad and mix.

I use a Gator pop-up case.  It works great for me.

+1. I have been using the same setup for five years. Board at side of stage and using Ipad to control FOH. Started out with Presonus SL24 and a Mac Mini/Ipad combo doing this, and now use the QU-16 with Ipad and so far have had no issues.
I use a SKB case and deck saver to carry mine around.

Love the board, it is small and easy to carry and for the 4 and 5 piece bands we normally work with it has all the features I need.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 09:46:21 am »

Iím not sure - I want to go digital snake so no doghouse will be needed - definitely open to suggestions

There was a bit of a learning curve for me when I got my QU.  (I actually had to "wean myself off of using a snake"...lol).  The first few sound gigs I used my QU plus analog snake to the FOH position and "ventured" around the room with my iPad...

Nowadays I don't bring a snake.

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 05:44:04 pm »

There was a bit of a learning curve for me when I got my QU.  (I actually had to "wean myself off of using a snake"...lol).  The first few sound gigs I used my QU plus analog snake to the FOH position and "ventured" around the room with my iPad...

Nowadays I don't bring a snake.

Hopefully I can get there too- its just hard for me to imagine not being chained to a board with faders - but I am excited about the iPad app - I downloaded the app and have experimented with it on demo mode- maybe now I should actually learn how to use an EQ- on a side note I use a drive rack venue 360 - Im not sure how this will work with the Qu
Banning CA,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 15 queries.