Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

It slices, it dices, it tests for more AC wiring failures...

(1/5) > >>

Tim McCulloch:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y68NRDV/

What's a "Live Neutral Reverse"?  It shows "Hot/Neu Reverse" as a separate item.

Mike Sokol:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on November 05, 2017, 10:33:44 PM ---https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y68NRDV/

What's a "Live Neutral Reverse"?  It shows "Hot/Neu Reverse" as a separate item.

--- End quote ---

Don't know. But I'm pretty sure you can't get all three bulbs to light up equally bright with any wiring condition I can think of, except for maybe an Edison outlet mis-wired to 240 volts. But I'll have to trace that out to se what's possible. Here's a schematic of how these things are wired.

John Roberts {JR}:

--- Quote from: Mike Sokol on November 05, 2017, 11:44:41 PM ---Don't know. But I'm pretty sure you can't get all three bulbs to light up equally bright with any wiring condition I can think of, except for maybe an Edison outlet mis-wired to 240 volts. But I'll have to trace that out to se what's possible. Here's a schematic of how these things are wired.

--- End quote ---
From inspection it appears a properly wired outlet supplies 54Vac to N1, 60Vac to N2, and 54Vac to N3

an open ground still provides 54Vac to N1, 77v at junction R7&R8, 45Vac to N2, 42Vac at N3

an open neutral  provides 54Vac to N3, 42vac at junction R7 & R8, 46vac to N2, 27vac at N1

Without finishing for all permutations that does not appear to line up with the device indications. Neon lamps have different sensitivities but probably light at 35-40Vac or so.

It is too early in the morning for me to try to figure out what is inside that new puppy.

It would really be nice if that Live whatever is RPBG but I couldn't figure out how to do it without grabbing a local reference. but???? for <$10 I wouldn't be too optimistic...  the written sales copy at amazon notes 5 patterns to read not 7.  ::)

JR

Stephen Swaffer:
IF this detects RPBG (I seriously doubt that it does) their marketing people struck out.

Mike Sokol:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on November 06, 2017, 12:36:22 PM ---IF this detects RPBG (I seriously doubt that it does) their marketing people struck out.

--- End quote ---

It can't... Just ask JR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version