ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speaker delay, Yamaha TF3 mixer  (Read 6749 times)

Ken Cross

speaker delay, Yamaha TF3 mixer
« on: October 25, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »

Hi all. I love our new TF3 mixer, but:
I've been trying to get a delay to work (which is a built-in function on our Yamaha TF3.) The plan is to delay signal for a ceiling mounted loft speaker (about 55 feet from the main speaker).
Currently the main is on aux 1 and loft speaker is on aux 6. I understand I'm supposed to use a matrix output, but when I que a matrix to the headphones, even if I set the delay to 1,000 feet I hear no delay. The manual doesn't help at all, nor did the "factory trained" salesman. I need directions.

Ken

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: speaker delay, Yamaha TF3 mixer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

I've been trying to get a delay to work (which is a built-in function on our Yamaha TF3.) The plan is to delay signal for a ceiling mounted loft speaker (about 55 feet from the main speaker).
Currently the main is on aux 1 and loft speaker is on aux 6. I understand I'm supposed to use a matrix output, but when I que a matrix to the headphones, even if I set the delay to 1,000 feet I hear no delay. The manual doesn't help at all, nor did the "factory trained" salesman. I need directions.

Ken
I have never used a TF-series mixer, but on the Yamaha M7 there is a separate control to turn the delay "on".  On the M7 this is found on the screen when you select one of the mix output pages.

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »

Ken
Hi Ken,
I own a TF5 and have used delay before for fills and such.

Here is a youtube video that even though its not in English shows how to set up delays either using Aux outs 9-20 directly or using the matrix. Pretty easy to follow along.
Hope it helps.
Don
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvLEilRLOKY

Ken Cross

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »

Hi Ken,
I own a TF5 and have used delay before for fills and such.

Here is a youtube video that even though its not in English shows how to set up delays either using Aux outs 9-20 directly or using the matrix. Pretty easy to follow along.
Hope it helps.
Don

Outstanding. Thanks for the reply.

Ken

Ken Cross

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Hope it helps.
Don

And it worked!  Thanks again.
Ken

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.