ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Monitor Mix App  (Read 4866 times)

Brad Warner

Yamaha Monitor Mix App
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »

Trying to set up the monitor mix app with my TF3, and everything seemed to go smoothly, until I tried to listen. The board is connected and being controlled by the app on the phones, however no audio is being received to the phones. All of the usual "on" buttons are engaged and volume is up everywhere. Is there a button I'm missing somewhere to engage it? Or worse, was I informed incorrectly about the boards ability to actually monitor through phones? Thanks!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »

Trying to set up the monitor mix

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Geri O'Neil

Re: Yamaha Monitor Mix App
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 10:39:59 PM »

Trying to set up the monitor mix app with my TF3, and everything seemed to go smoothly, until I tried to listen. The board is connected and being controlled by the app on the phones, however no audio is being received to the phones. All of the usual "on" buttons are engaged and volume is up everywhere. Is there a button I'm missing somewhere to engage it? Or worse, was I informed incorrectly about the boards ability to actually monitor through phones? Thanks!

I don’t know if this is a serious inquiry or not, but it’s been along time since I played along with one of these, so here goes...

The remote apps handle only control of the host mixer. No audio whatsoever passes from the mixer to the phone or tablet. Ever.

It was only a month ago that a fellow musician and I were discussing the X32 apps sometimes having problems with iOS 11. He said it didn’t matter, the M apps worked (which I knew) and the M apps sounded better anyway (yeah, news to me, too!).  ::)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 03:43:33 AM »

Or worse, was I informed incorrectly about the boards ability to actually monitor through phones?
Yep. Sorry to say... The app is only a controller. There is no audio delivered to iOS devices.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »

Yep. Sorry to say... The app is only a controller. There is no audio delivered to iOS devices.

Just to save the OP some searching, the same is true on Android.

I think the best solution I've ever heard of for getting solo audio from the console to where you're standing is to use IEMs, although doing that right obviously adds significantly to cost and complexity of a wireless rig. Depending on how crafty (and thrifty) you are, there's probably something out there that can be jury-rigged to stream audio from your console into a computer, over Wi-Fi, and to some other app on your iPad, but be aware that you're likely to pay a severe (and probably non-deterministic) latency penalty on that stream, almost certainly measurable in seconds.

-Russ
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:46:51 PM by Russell Ault »

John Fruits

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 08:12:54 PM »

I can see how the OP got the wrong idea here.  Consider a salesman making the pitch:
It's got a full color touch screen, motorized faders that move like magic, it's got all kinds of equalizers out the wazoo, it's got echo chambers and reverbs, compressors and gates. But wait there's more, instead of that heavy, cumbersome snake with all those plugs, you can add on a digital stage box and connect it with one skinny ethercon cable.  From the bullet list for that mixer:
"TF MonitorMix iOS application allows for wireless personal monitoring"
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »

Not to hijack the tread but I am having a different problem with the app.

Ipad on same network as QL1 (which Yamaha Shows As Supported). The QL App works fine but the mixer does not show up under the Monitor Mix App??? There is no way in monitor mix to enter the IP manually and it just keeps scanning for it.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.