ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF 905asII vs QSC KW181?  (Read 9856 times)

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
Re: RCF 905asII vs QSC KW181?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »

Sorry.. I missed the reply - not even sure how I stumbled across it now, but anywho... :-)

The KW181 has more "boom" and will play slightly lower than the C212Pro. So, if you're looking for a sub for DJ use that features a lot of modern hip-hop and whatnot, you'd probably want to go with the KW181.

In terms of live music, "muscialness" (I hate that word but it sort of applies here), output, and form factor - the C212Pro can't be beat.

We've been using 2x C212Pros for the majority of our indoor gigs this fall and winter and have had zero complaints. We did a room that held around 450 people and ended-up using only 2 of the C212Pros for it.

Have you seen the measurements of a KW181?!

They ain't pretty:

They don't seem to get that loud, either:

The C212Pro ought to keep up with a KW181 just fine: http://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=142

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

Thanks for sharing those graphs - did you capture those? I hadn't seen any of the KW181 curves; only going from experience using a few of them in venues (room probably provided a boost).

I love our C212Pros. We have four of them and I'll likely buy two more at some point.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »

Found them online. They seem to correlate quite well, though, which is what makes me think they're reliable.

The response shape and overall SPL available is a bit disappointing after all the praise they get. I can see them being fine for rock 'n' roll where you might want 70Hz punch, but anything that requires deep bass might be found lacking.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.