ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Connectivity Vi3K + Ubnt Nanostation  (Read 5039 times)

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
Wireless Connectivity Vi3K + Ubnt Nanostation
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »

Hello!

I have in my travel kit a nanostation Loco M2. I can get it to work just fine with most consoles, but cannot get it to connect with the soundcraft Vi3000.
On the AP, set to network bridge mode, Static ip.
The Console is also on a static ip. HqNet is enabled.

The Visi app does not auto discover the console. Nor does adding it manually get it to connect.

Ipad is also on a static IP.

I had a similar issue with the A&H D-Live, but had no time to troubleshoot.

Any advise would be welcome.

Thank you all
Sidhu
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:39:43 AM by Nitin Sidhu »
My RTA is always flat.

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
Re: Wireless Connectivity Vi3K + Ubnt Nanostation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:38 AM »

Grab any ol' cheapo wireless router and use that. If that solves your issue, get a nicer one or add something to your network that routes and use your AP for what it is, access. Soundcraft uses some porting that (I believe) requires some actual routing and not just invisible cabling. Also, Soundcraft is really picky about subnets. Make sure it is closed up to 255.255.255.0 Anything else and it goes to crap fast. Metering will be spiked at all times for input and compression. Another tip, the console lives in 192.168.1.x world. If you are also using that, try changing your third octet to something else like 192.168.2.x

Keep me posted. I'm curious as I have done A TON of troubleshooting the Vi stuff and currently have everything working. Had to change my whole network just to make it work with the ViSi app.

Hello!

I have in my travel kit a nanostation Loco M2. I can get it to work just fine with most consoles, but cannot get it to connect with the soundcraft Vi3000.
On the AP, set to network bridge mode, Static ip.
The Console is also on a static ip. HqNet is enabled.

The Visi app does not audo discover the console. Not does adding it manually get it to connect.

Ipad is also on a static IP.

I had a similar issue with the A&H D-Live, but had no time to troubleshoot.

Any advise would be welcome.

Thank you all
Sidhu
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »

thank you Bryan!

The subnets were correct and verified. Ill try and change the number to 2 when I get the opportunity. I had access to a linksys E900 and it works just fine with that. Plug and play, DHCP.

I have been considering changing my travel router for a while now. Not too happy with the Nanostation Loco. While I was getting great coverage at distance with the Nanostation M, the loco seems very average. The M was too big to haul around in my kit. The rocket was a nice option, but I could not find a compact antenna for it here. It seems the entire range is discontinued now.

Im looking for something with good range and good portability, pref with POE. Often I find myself on stage with FOH 100+feet away, where the Wifi resides. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you again
Sidhu
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:46:39 PM by Nitin Sidhu »
My RTA is always flat.

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »

No problem. I am glad I could help out. As far as recommendations for hardware, I will let some other guys on here suggest. The stuff I keep in my bag might cause some cringes.... but it works. In my world, iPad control is an afterthought but that doesn't change the fact that it should work for you.

thank you Bryan!

The subnets were correct and verified. Ill try and change the number to 2 when I get the opportunity. I had access to a linksys E900 and it works just fine with that. Plug and play, DHCP.

I have been considering changing my travel router for a while now. Not too happy with the Nanostation Loco. While I was getting great coverage at distance with the Nanostation M, the loco seems very average. The M was too big to haul around in my kit. The rocket was a nice option, but I was having issues finding a compact antenna for it here. It seems the entire range is discontinued now.

Im looking for something with good range and good portability, pref with POE. Often I find myself on stage with FOH 100+feet away, where the Wifi resides. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you again
Sidhu

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

N In my world, iPad control is an afterthought but that doesn't change the fact that it should work for you.

it is indeed an afterthought. I mostly do monitors from FOH, and it does help when available.
Please do feel free to share your hardware. If it works for you, then it is good for you.
My RTA is always flat.

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »

Ipad seem to dislike static ip is my experience.

I usually run a airport express as router and than a a strong ap to connect to. Works great almost every time.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »

Ipad seem to dislike static ip is my experience.

I usually run a airport express as router and than a a strong ap to connect to. Works great almost every time.

Why would you need a router?  Routers connect network segments together.

I have several of my kits set for static IP and access points with no DHCP.  Never had an issue.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »

Maybe he has Soundcraft consoles. See above problem and solution.

Why would you need a router?  Routers connect network segments together.

I have several of my kits set for static IP and access points with no DHCP.  Never had an issue.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »

Maybe he has Soundcraft consoles. See above problem and solution.

I don't care of it's a nuclear reactor.  IP has an RFC standard and you don't need a router on a single subnet.  The only thing it's doing is DHCP, it is not participating in the movement of data.

That means something else is wrong.  My point is we can troubleshoot this and figure it out instead of voodoo hacks.

I guarantee you that Soundcraft didn't even write the IP stack, it's a standard.

If I was given access to a computer on this network with Wireshark I would be glad to help.   I love mysteries.  If someone is willing to lab this up in the shop give me a shout.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »

Anything else and it goes to crap fast. Metering will be spiked at all times for input and compression.
Keep me posted. I'm curious as I have done A TON of troubleshooting the Vi stuff and currently have everything working. Had to change my whole network just to make it work with the ViSi app.

The meter spiking is a known software issue that was addressed in the latest console firmware update, both on the Vi_ and Vi_ _ _ engines.

FOH on my current tour runs the Visi app every day. We had this issue. Software update solved it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.