ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167466 times)

jim whitmer

Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »

Oh dear - are you really saying that you don't realise you can name the channels in the iPad app?

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Pad-v1.9-Help-Guide.pdf
"Names can be edited at the mixer or using Qu-Pad. Touch the Name box to open the iPad keyboard. Double tap
Shift  for  caps  lock.  Touch the ‘x’ to clear an existing name.  You  can  enter  a name with up to 6 characters. Names appear above the faders"

Did not know that. Only saw one in use once and the person running obviously did not know that either as I asked how he kept track of channels!

jim whitmer

« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2018, 07:02:30 PM »

Scribble strips are the screens above the physical faders.  Your comparison the GLD-series is what confuses me, because there is no rack-only option in the GLD series (the stageboxes cannot be used standalone in the way that the iLive and DLive series can because the DSP is in the surface not the stagebox).

Lol, yeah, channel strip naming is what o was getting at. Who needs sleep?

I'm referring to wanting the features of the gld in a qupac type unit.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:21 AM »

Got SQ-6 at last, so far feels like a downgrade to GLD. The preamp sound quite nice, maybe a tad better than GLD but quite a lot of FX, Comp and many other library are missing. The non-limited PEQ is nice, can setup any band's frequency anywhere (unlike GLD where they limit each band frequency's range). Setup with DX168 is a breeze, they automatically assign channels if you connect the Stagebox on first setup. On SLink disconnection, there is something wrong with ip19, ip20, ip27 and ip28 where it just go full peak with weird noise and I'm not sure what cause it.
https://imgur.com/a/pOhyrLt

This week gotta use it for services, hopefully everything is gotta be ok.

Improvement that I hope will be included in the next firmware update:
1. Scribble strip showing values as we move fader/pots, especially on the soft encoder screen
2. Multiband compressor, if not possible on FX at least make it insert-able like dLive thru deep processing
3. Desktop editor, or at least allow routing setup on iPad for now.
4. Dynamic UI, like when you press HF/LF on PEQ encoder, the screen move to PEQ screen. Being pampered by GLD ;D
5. Better routing UI, if possible allow multi select on continuous input.

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2018, 04:55:08 AM »

(...)unlike GLD where they limit each band frequency's range (...)

GLD actually lets you choose to have limited or full freq range for all PEQ bands from the options sub-menu

Improvement that I hope will be included in the next firmware update:
1. Scribble strip showing values as we move fader/pots, especially on the soft encoder screen
2. Multiband compressor, if not possible on FX at least make it insert-able like dLive thru deep processing
3. Desktop editor, or at least allow routing setup on iPad for now.
4. Dynamic UI, like when you press HF/LF on PEQ encoder, the screen move to PEQ screen. Being pampered by GLD ;D
5. Better routing UI, if possible allow multi select on continuous input.

may I add:
- HPF option on mix outputs (main reason why I'm not selling my GLD and buying a SQ)

plus: does anyone know if GLD's "special FX" like rotary speaker emulator, space echo or pitch shifter are implemented on the SQ?

Art Nadelman

« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »

plus: does anyone know if GLD's "special FX" like rotary speaker emulator, space echo or pitch shifter are implemented on the SQ?

They are not...yet.

Art

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »

GLD actually lets you choose to have limited or full freq range for all PEQ bands from the options sub-menu

Oh my God, I never checked that option, and just found it  ;D . Should have always read the damn manual.
Anyway, the FX is kinda limited right now and most speciality FX are missing from SQ

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »

A&H has said in their forums that the next firmware release is due in Q3 which starts not long from now. I am looking forward to seeing what gets included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »

A&H has said in their forums that the next firmware release is due in Q3 which starts not long from now. I am looking forward to seeing what gets included.

I know, but I wish A&H released it earlier, since for me (and many others I guess) it's hard to justify the purchase of a new desk right after the year's busiest season

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »

I know, but I wish A&H released it earlier, since for me (and many others I guess) it's hard to justify the purchase of a new desk right after the year's busiest season

Well, Dyn8 doesn't appear on dLive until v1.4, Waves and other cards on v1.3 and the preamp emulation is on v1.2, so I guess it will be similar to SQ that most feature will be on later 1.4 version of the firmware. I think most of us kinda expect SQ to have part of dLive features while it is actually more similar to Qu-series feature and price wise (well except the remote apps, that still need improvement)

Lyle Williams

« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2018, 03:48:41 AM »

SQ and Qu pricing isn't close.  You have to factor in the I/O.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2018, 03:48:41 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.