ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167421 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »

Well ... I'm not off to a good relationship with my new SQ-5.   >:(

In just three days of ownership, it has locked up (all controls frozen) on three occasions requiring a power off to recover.

Audio would pass, but no buttons were operational.  Faders would move, but had no effect.

SQ MixPad was running and connection was lost. Upon powering the mixer, SQ MixPad failed to connect.

It's got the latest firmware ... which may need closer examination.

Fortunately, I wasn't at a gig!  Now I'm nervous.

Looks like the X32 will be seeing extended duty.

That's the kind of thing I'd expect from Soundcraft. ;)

Sorry to hear you're having problems, Bob.  Did you contact the A&H USA distributor?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:53 AM »

Your not being very nice Tim. You've made me very sad.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2018, 02:29:20 AM »

Your not being very nice Tim. You've made me very sad.

Sorry Bob.  Early release oddities were kind of SOP for Soundcraft Si, especially with regard to the iThingy app.  They got it sorted but it was better to be a late adopter.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Harvey

• Central VA
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2018, 02:14:34 PM »

Sorry to hear you're having problems, Bob.  Did you contact the A&H USA distributor?

Hi Tim ... yes ... I've opened a support request.

Mine locked up again after yesterday's post.  Another user reported the same problem. Unfortunately, he was at a gig and had to do a complete PA shutdown and restart.

So ... I thought about what's going on here.

We were both using the MixPad app when the lock up occurred.  On one occasion I was using a Samsung Galaxy tablet and on others both the Samsung and an iPad.  Then just the iPad by itself.

The resulting lock up condition is identical to pressing the Lock select on the Home screen ... except there is no screen displayed to Unlock the desk.

That leads me to believe that the MixPad app could be sending some sort of lock signal to the desk.  Since the Home screen is not displayed, there is no way to Unlock short of a power reset.  I wonder if we could be touching some combination of items on the MixPad screen that would send a Lock signal ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:20:34 PM by Bob Harvey »
- Bob

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »

Mine locked up again after yesterday's post.  Another user reported the same problem. Unfortunately, he was at a gig and had to do a complete PA shutdown and restart.

We were both using the MixPad app when the lock up occurred.  On one occasion I was using a Samsung Galaxy tablet and on others both the Samsung and an iPad.  Then just the iPad by itself.

The resulting lock up condition is identical to pressing the Lock select on the Home screen ... except there is no screen displayed to Unlock the desk.

That leads me to believe that the MixPad app could be sending some sort of lock signal to the desk.  Since the Home screen is not displayed, there is no way to Unlock short of a power reset.  I wonder if we could be touching some combination of items on the MixPad screen that would send a Lock signal ?

That's a good catch in the observation dept, Bob.

Are you in a position to go fully non-remote and see if the failure returns?

Peter Morris

« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »

Luckily for you Bob, you have an Allen and Heath. My past experience is that these guys will sort it out for you ASAP!

FWIW I'm not aware of others having issues, but most are not using the Mixpad app. The only thing I have noticed is people consistently raving about the sound quality  :)

Edit "Are you in a position to go fully non-remote and see if the failure returns?"  Tim's suggestion is exactly what you need to do, that will help you as well as A&H to nail down the problem - is it just your desk or is there an issue with the app etc.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:46:33 PM by Peter Morris »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »

Luckily for you Bob, you have an Allen and Heath. My past experience is that these guys will sort it out for you ASAP!

FWIW I'm not aware of others having issues, but most are not using the Mixpad app. The only thing I have noticed is people consistently raving about the sound quality  :)

Edit "Are you in a position to go fully non-remote and see if the failure returns?"  Tim's suggestion is exactly what you need to do, that will help you as well as A&H to nail down the problem - is it just your desk or is there an issue with the app etc.

I think Bob is on to something - perhaps an instruction mis-code, like switching a view on the tablet sends the code for "lock mixer".  I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Ah, being an early adopter beta tester...

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »

The Soundcraft Si series had a similar rough start.  I suspect that things will get ironed out within the next 6 months.  Until then, I would keep that X32 close at hand ;)

The comment about the X32 made me LOL...  :)

Seriously, who would have thought that that would be anyone's 'safety mixer'...  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »

Seriously, who would have thought that that would be anyone's 'safety mixer'...  :)

And after all these years the competition still has not achieved feature parity.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »

We can mix if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Because your friends don't mix
And if they don't mix
They're no friends of mine.

Safety mix....

Okay, now back to the current decade.... 8)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.