ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 and Reaper  (Read 10148 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: X32 and Reaper
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 05:01:21 PM »

Side note for when you get this working - I found it much more enjoyable and educational to mixdown back thru the x32 rather than inside the Reaper software myself.

Great for playing around with effects and DSP on the board, but it can become quite a distraction and very time consuming.

Don't be surprised if you find yourself up all night mixing down just one song. I have recordings from last May I have never gotten around to mixing down because I recorded a bunch of bands over a very short time period and have never found the time to play with the tracks.   
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »

Side note for when you get this working - I found it much more enjoyable and educational to mixdown back thru the x32 rather than inside the Reaper software myself.

Great for playing around with effects and DSP on the board, but it can become quite a distraction and very time consuming.

Don't be surprised if you find yourself up all night mixing down just one song. I have recordings from last May I have never gotten around to mixing down because I recorded a bunch of bands over a very short time period and have never found the time to play with the tracks.

I know what this is like. Got to love the band when they say "Can we have a CD Sunday... for free...?"
Douglas R. Allen

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 10:28:39 PM »

Some of the reasons I never got involved in recording was time. I certainly don't have it know with my schedule but want to play around. Thanks to all for the suggestions. Will have the board out tomorrow night and will see what happens. Keep you posted.

Michael Grimaila

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 08:00:45 AM »

I have found this to be an awesome way to learn the various features of the console.

In terms of mixing, I still use Reaper for mix downs. 

The workflow and automation in Reaper provides so much power and control, its hard to beat!
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

Aaron Coley

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 11:05:10 AM »

Make sure the routing for the Card outputs is set correctly. Either to Local, AES50 A, or AES50 B according to which physical inputs you're using.

The question I have is when you are using on the x32 local 1-8 and 9-32 is routed to the s32 and reaper doesn't recognize certain channels. Secondly, how do you play back a track that has been recorded through the x32 in order to lay down another track with it?
Any help?!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber