ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF 905AS II Subs Help Please  (Read 2393 times)

Naki Lad

RCF 905AS II Subs Help Please
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:35:14 AM »

Hi everyone, I've just purchased 2 new RCF 905 AS II subs and they have this horrible buzzing sound at certain low frequencies, Apprarently around 43Hz.
We have determined that it is the foam inside the front grill causing the sound as the air passes through it.
Of course the easy option would be to remove the foam but it's there for a reason to protect from splashes so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what have you done to fix it.
Any help would b appreciated. Thanks.

John Reid

Re: RCF 905AS II Subs Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:43:55 PM »

Hi everyone, I've just purchased 2 new RCF 905 AS II subs and they have this horrible buzzing sound at certain low frequencies, Apprarently around 43Hz.
We have determined that it is the foam inside the front grill causing the sound as the air passes through it.
Of course the easy option would be to remove the foam but it's there for a reason to protect from splashes so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what have you done to fix it.
Any help would b appreciated. Thanks.

Could you take them to the dealer and demo the fault if not too far?
Or just return them as faulty?

Naki Lad

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:50:39 AM »

I have returned them to the agent, They tell me the subs are not faulty. The removed the bottom third of the foam in front of the vents but didn't help. Surely this must have happened to someone else?

John Reid

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »

I am just about to buy one of these, and looking at reviews of them, I've never seen anyone mention this before. Does the fault get hidden when the subs are turned up loud? I used to get a similar noise when I set my PA up in a rehearsal studio, and it was actually the room drum kit's snare drum springs vibrating with the lows.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.