Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

RGB moving light error

(1/2) > >>

noahcohn:
Hello all,
I have this cool RGBW double sided moving head light and it's giving me trouble.
The first time I opened it and repaired wires that generally were going to come loose. Like, they were wound in such a way up the neck of it so, when it turned, it ripped them.
That fixed it fully.
This time, when I power it up it reads out "8.8." and doesn't start any lights or moving.

It is one of these:

Anyone know how to look up the error codes?

Tim Weaver:
I do.

Error 8.8: Remove power and deposit light into file 13. Contact "Jill" in Guangzhou for new model becaise this one is no longer made.

TJ (Tom) Cornish:

--- Quote from: noahcohn on October 15, 2017, 12:37:10 AM ---Hello all,
I have this cool RGBW double sided moving head light and it's giving me trouble.
The first time I opened it and repaired wires that generally were going to come loose. Like, they were wound in such a way up the neck of it so, when it turned, it ripped them.
That fixed it fully.
This time, when I power it up it reads out "8.8." and doesn't start any lights or moving.

It is one of these:

Anyone know how to look up the error codes?

--- End quote ---
Noah, as Tim alludes, the downside of no-name gear is that when it breaks (which is often), they are virtually unrepairable, and therefore disposable.  About all you can do is to take the thing apart and reseat every connector.  Failing that, it's dumpster time.

noahcohn:
OK,
I will go ahead and open it up again.
Thanks for the info!

Terry Martin:
LOL That’s funny - I get emails from “Jill” all the time!

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on October 15, 2017, 10:34:16 AM ---I do.

Error 8.8: Remove power and deposit light into file 13. Contact "Jill" in Guangzhou for new model becaise this one is no longer made.

--- End quote ---

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version