ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RGB moving light error  (Read 3427 times)

noahcohn

RGB moving light error
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:37:10 AM »

Hello all,
I have this cool RGBW double sided moving head light and it's giving me trouble.
The first time I opened it and repaired wires that generally were going to come loose. Like, they were wound in such a way up the neck of it so, when it turned, it ripped them.
That fixed it fully.
This time, when I power it up it reads out "8.8." and doesn't start any lights or moving.

It is one of these:

Anyone know how to look up the error codes?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: RGB moving light error
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »

I do.

Error 8.8: Remove power and deposit light into file 13. Contact "Jill" in Guangzhou for new model becaise this one is no longer made.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »

Hello all,
I have this cool RGBW double sided moving head light and it's giving me trouble.
The first time I opened it and repaired wires that generally were going to come loose. Like, they were wound in such a way up the neck of it so, when it turned, it ripped them.
That fixed it fully.
This time, when I power it up it reads out "8.8." and doesn't start any lights or moving.

It is one of these:

Anyone know how to look up the error codes?
Noah, as Tim alludes, the downside of no-name gear is that when it breaks (which is often), they are virtually unrepairable, and therefore disposable.  About all you can do is to take the thing apart and reseat every connector.  Failing that, it's dumpster time.

noahcohn

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »

OK,
I will go ahead and open it up again.
Thanks for the info!

Terry Martin

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »

LOL That’s funny - I get emails from “Jill” all the time!

I do.

Error 8.8: Remove power and deposit light into file 13. Contact "Jill" in Guangzhou for new model becaise this one is no longer made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Feenstra

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:17:26 PM »

You could try applying some silicone to keep the connectors in place, but as many have said before, these type of lights have virtually no customer service, manual or information about them so you’re pretty much on your own
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

noahcohn

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:02:50 AM »

Errrg. Now that I've opened it up and redid my old wire fixes, the display won't come on at all.
I will recheck the inner wires. Does this sound like something though? Fuse? Molex connector points?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »

At face value I'd guess that you either broke a wire somewhere, goofed with the solder and created a bridge/short circuit, or cooked something by applying too much heat.  How good are your soldering skills?  Short of that, keep checking continuity to see if you can find a suspect wire or connection.

Not knowing the units, I still think it's highly unlikely to be a fuse unless you see one.  Usually the entire PCB is fuse-protected...not just the display...or in the case of cheap Chinese fixtures - nothing at all.  I don't mean to add insult to injury, but this is why cheap fixtures are usually considered disposable - the time/effort/ability to repair the unit usually isn't worth it, if it's even possible at all.  Best of luck though! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.