ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Blade Runner 2049  (Read 4758 times)

David Allred

Re: New Blade Runner 2049
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »

I watched it opening day as a double feature with the original and there were fewer than 10 people in the big screen theater.

Mac

Saturday I saw a commercial stating, "Audiences flood to the #1 movie in America!!" or something like that.   ::)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 08:19:28 AM »

Saturday I saw a commercial stating, "Audiences flood to the #1 movie in America!!" or something like that.   ::)
Not what I saw at the theatre.
However, that doesn't mean it's not a good movie, just because it doesn't appeal to the masses.
As noted, the first one didn't do that well and it took a while for people to appreciate it.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 10:06:00 AM »

155 million to make that movie.

I looked up the sound system in the theater I was at and its a Christie Vive Audio system.
I never heard of the company but the sound was really dam good.

David Allred

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »

Like the many times on American Idol (or similar) a guest artist is allowed to perform "their new #1 smash hit" that has not even been released yet or heard on the radio.

Robert Healey

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »

155 million to make that movie.

I looked up the sound system in the theater I was at and its a Christie Vive Audio system.
I never heard of the company but the sound was really dam good.

Christie is well-known for large format projectors. They recently branched out into cinema audio systems.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »

Christie is well-known for large format projectors. They recently branched out into cinema audio systems.
Well, when they "certify" a theatre, the structure needs to be tested as well.
Very annoying to hear the ceiling tiles (or whatever...)rattle with the low end!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 07:13:56 PM »

I watched it opening day as a double feature with the original and there were fewer than 10 people in the big screen theater.

Mac

I saw the original when I was living in Oslo.  My friend Ragnar and I decided to go downtown and see a Marx Brothers movie, but when we got to the theater it was a movie we'd never heard of.  Having scheduled time for a movie and taken the train into town, we decided to just go to whatever was showing.

It was Blade Runner.  Definitely NOT Groucho and the boys.  A lasting impression was made...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:43 PM »

As quoted by the same people who will tell you Harvey Weinstein should be knighted.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

David Allred

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »

As quoted by the same people who will tell you Harvey Weinstein should be knighted.
Knighted?  You mean where they hit you in the neck / shoulder with a big sword?   :o

I love it when people IN the system, complain ABOUT the system, when they where AWARE of the system.  Not specifically, necessarily, Weinstein, but none of them think the casting couch is a fabrication.  And no, not every producer, director, exec is a perv, but the system makes it easier to be with no real backlash, because someone's dream is to be a star.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »

Saw it last week with my wife after we watched the original at home. Hans Zimmer definitely got some more mileage out of his big modular Roland synths and the dynamic range was great. Visually beautiful, but the storyline left a lot to be desired. Would have been interesting to see Ridley Scott direct vs. just produce.

For the home release, these are the kind of movies the new Apple TV with 4K are worth getting, but the dynamic range at home will be a bit tough.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.