ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mount 12" box truss to confer block wall  (Read 21823 times)

David Allred

Re: Mount 12in box truss to cinder block wall
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »

There's a chance that nothing bad will ever happen. There's also a chance that the entire male half of the youth group won't decide to do chinups on the truss.

They may also decide to run with scissors. :)

Doug Hammel

Re: Mount 12" box truss to confer block wall
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »

Ask them what their insurance company said about it....

Church asked about hanging some truss on a cinder block wall on their stage.

They didn't want a bid on the project (trying to do it themselves).

I said okay, just figure out what parts you want to use and send them to me and I'll okay them or not.

Well they didn't, they bought this instead without consulting me. It's a mount for a TV. My assumption is they think they can use tapcons to mount the tv mounts to the wall and then put the truss on it.

https://m.markertek.com/product/per-dsf290/peerless-av-dsf290-truss-mount-for-12-inch-truss-with-2-inch-outer-diameter-tubing

https://www.markertek.com/product/per-dsf290/peerless-av-dsf290-truss-mount-for-12-inch-truss-with-2-inch-outer-diameter-tubing?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

I'm inclined to think that isn't designed for overhead lifting even if the weight is below the capacity. Probably has a 1:3 safety factor?

I'm also very weary of the torque that a light fixture can place on the truss and thus the mount and the way it is designed it won't fully clamp around the truss to 'hold it in place.'

I'm leaning on the side of advising them not to use it. Before I tell them not to do that, am I correct?

Also, what is a good alternative?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Mount 12" box truss to confer block wall
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.