ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need recommendation for Dante or CobraNet set-up.  (Read 2673 times)

Lee Buckmaster

Need recommendation for Dante or CobraNet set-up.
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »

I am looking for a solution to do audio only streaming of worship services.

Situation:
- We have a Soundcraft Si Expression 3 board and are currently using 27 inputs (mics, instruments, CD players, etc).
- The sound booth is too small to add another kit of gear so the streaming system has to be located elsewhere.

I have set-up an IceCast server and have a workstation running Mixxx as the straming source. All of that works well. I just need to get a 32-channel feed from the Soundcraft to the remote workstation.

The Soundcraft board has a "D.O.G.S." feature which provides a stable level (pre-gain) output. This is important because some of the A/V team are incessant gain tweakers which will kill a live stream mix. The Soundcraft docs say that to use D.O.G.S. I need a analog, MADI, BSS Digital Audio Bus, Aviom, AES, or CobraNet compatible mixer.

From my research I THINK I the best solutions is a 32-channel Dante or CobraNet compatible mixer. I just can't find anything that comes close to what I need without spending big bucks. I'm trying to keep the cost below $3000.

Also, the streaming set-up needs to be kept simple as most of the A/V team are not very technical. For example, even a simple DAW set-up will overwhelm most of the team.

Any recommendations are welcome!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Need recommendation for Dante or CobraNet set-up.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »

I am looking for a solution to do audio only streaming of worship services.

Situation:
- We have a Soundcraft Si Expression 3 board and are currently using 27 inputs (mics, instruments, CD players, etc).
- The sound booth is too small to add another kit of gear so the streaming system has to be located elsewhere.

I have set-up an IceCast server and have a workstation running Mixxx as the straming source. All of that works well. I just need to get a 32-channel feed from the Soundcraft to the remote workstation.

The Soundcraft board has a "D.O.G.S." feature which provides a stable level (pre-gain) output. This is important because some of the A/V team are incessant gain tweakers which will kill a live stream mix. The Soundcraft docs say that to use D.O.G.S. I need a analog, MADI, BSS Digital Audio Bus, Aviom, AES, or CobraNet compatible mixer.

From my research I THINK I the best solutions is a 32-channel Dante or CobraNet compatible mixer. I just can't find anything that comes close to what I need without spending big bucks. I'm trying to keep the cost below $3000.

Also, the streaming set-up needs to be kept simple as most of the A/V team are not very technical. For example, even a simple DAW set-up will overwhelm most of the team.

Any recommendations are welcome!
Seems like you could get another SI Expression and a couple expansion cards in your budget.

Lee Buckmaster

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »

Seems like you could get another SI Expression and a couple expansion cards in your budget.

(HEAD SLAP) Duh, I never considered connecting two Si Expressions. Many thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.