ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown "System Architect" ...what do I need?  (Read 9651 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Crown "System Architect" ...what do I need?
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »

I'm very new to managing audio equipment through software.  My only experience has been with the QSC PLD line. 

I have a Crown MA 9000i.  The software that came with it (DVD) shows "System Architect" ver. 1.90.0  Looking at Crown's website (under Software), they don't show System Architect; looks like "Audio Architect" is what I may need...?  I'm needing to find the most recent version of the software.

I'm looking for the software that will allow me to set limits, and manage the amplifier... that's it.  The audio architect software looks a bit too much in-depth for my needs.

Crown also shows "Performance Manager" software.  Before I delve too deep, is the Performance Manager software what I need? 

Sorry for the remedial-ness of this.

Thanks.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Crown "System Architect" ...what do I need?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:32:23 PM »

I'm very new to managing audio equipment through software.  My only experience has been with the QSC PLD line. 

I have a Crown MA 9000i.  The software that came with it (DVD) shows "System Architect" ver. 1.90.0  Looking at Crown's website (under Software), they don't show System Architect; looks like "Audio Architect" is what I may need...?  I'm needing to find the most recent version of the software.

I'm looking for the software that will allow me to set limits, and manage the amplifier... that's it.  The audio architect software looks a bit too much in-depth for my needs.

Crown also shows "Performance Manager" software.  Before I delve too deep, is the Performance Manager software what I need? 

Thanks.
Bob, Audio Architect is the replacement for System Architect.  Throw away the CD that came with your amp and download the latest version of Audio Architect.

Performance Manager is built for multi-amp systems and is probably overkill for you.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »

Bob, Audio Architect is the replacement for System Architect.  Throw away the CD that came with your amp and download the latest version of Audio Architect.

Performance Manager is built for multi-amp systems and is probably overkill for you.
ok - sounds good.

I'll get Audio Architect.  I watched a portion of a YouTube video on Audio Architect... the software seems very comprehensive.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »

Thanks.

Current software platforms are Audio Architect and Performance Manager.  Performance manger is best for Vertec, VTX, or VP loudspeakers and simply has a different workflow than Audio Architect.   Both will contain the most up to date firmware, however you may need to make a few incremental firmware updates to get there.  System Architect went up to 3.4 before it changed to Audio Architect.

Perhaps other may know where the critical firmware points are, but i would make sure you are talking to the amp in System Architect 3.4 before moving to AA.    Some people recommend staying at SA3.4 as AA introduced an online/offline mode which is just a little confusing the first time around, where SA was always online.   I use AA and that is what i would recommend, however I use features in AA that are simply not in SA.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

My ignorance of the software runs deep... Do I need to setup a venue (and other things) in Audio Architect just to "manage" the amplifier (i.e. setting limits, attenuator levels, etc...), or is there a more direct route to the amplifier?  I'm trying to keep everything as basic/simple as possible.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »

My ignorance of the software runs deep... Do I need to setup a venue (and other things) in Audio Architect just to "manage" the amplifier (i.e. setting limits, attenuator levels, etc...), or is there a more direct route to the amplifier?  I'm trying to keep everything as basic/simple as possible.

Technically yes,  It would be just a one room venue, with one amp. However this one room is typically created when you open the program.  And you would never need to leave this room.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:36:28 PM by David Sturzenbecher »
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »

Great.  Thank you!  This will get me started!

scottstephens

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:50:15 AM »

Bob,

Just an aside, you'll love the MA9000i. I have one to drive a set of SRX 728's....THUNDER!!!!

Scott

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:53 PM »

Thanks for the responses!  Looking forward to using it soon. 

My primary use of the MA9000i will be for a pair of SRX 728 subs (1600/3200/6400)

Question - using Audio Architect, I set the RMS limiter to 1,600 watts.  The default attack time is 4 sec w/a release time of 6 sec.  Are these attack/release times (default) acceptable?  i would think the attack time would be maybe 2 seconds and not 4? 

Question - For the same subs, setting a peak limiter using voltage... would 120 volts be acceptable?  Some time ago I metered my QSC 3602 using pink-noise with a digital multi-meter.  From what I recall, it was peaking at around 180 volts; this seemed high.  An online ohm calculator shows 80 volts (for 7000 watts @ 4 ohms w/20 amp service - i.e. for the MA9000i).

80 volts seems too low... perhaps I'm not using the ohm calculator correctly.

Anyone have thoughts on setting the limiter for the MA9000i? 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »

Thanks for the responses!  Looking forward to using it soon. 

My primary use of the MA9000i will be for a pair of SRX 728 subs (1600/3200/6400)

Question - using Audio Architect, I set the RMS limiter to 1,600 watts.  The default attack time is 4 sec w/a release time of 6 sec.  Are these attack/release times (default) acceptable?  i would think the attack time would be maybe 2 seconds and not 4? 

Question - For the same subs, setting a peak limiter using voltage... would 120 volts be acceptable?  Some time ago I metered my QSC 3602 using pink-noise with a digital multi-meter.  From what I recall, it was peaking at around 180 volts; this seemed high.  An online ohm calculator shows 80 volts (for 7000 watts @ 4 ohms w/20 amp service - i.e. for the MA9000i).

80 volts seems too low... perhaps I'm not using the ohm calculator correctly.

Anyone have thoughts on setting the limiter for the MA9000i?

You have the RMS limiter set far, far too high.  I'd suggest 1/3 or less.  The attack and release are right.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.