ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Changes  (Read 316 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Forum Changes
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:00:02 pm »

After the "cannot parse template" errors of yesterday (or was it the day before? I forget.), this is how the forums are displaying for me. Is it just me, or did something else break during that error period that hasn't been fixed yet?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Forum Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:01:23 pm »

After the "cannot parse template" errors of yesterday (or was it the day before? I forget.), this is how the forums are displaying for me. Is it just me, or did something else break during that error period that hasn't been fixed yet?

-Ray
And here's the bottom part of the page...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:07:50 pm »

The "Curve" skin for the forum software seems to be broken. I have inquired about getting it fixed because I find it much easier to read more professional looking screen. So far no joy. Both skins were written by the SMP team.

Mac

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:03:13 pm »

The "Curve" skin for the forum software seems to be broken. I have inquired about getting it fixed because I find it much easier to read more professional looking screen. So far no joy. Both skins were written by the SMP team.

Mac
So it's not just me?!? WOO HOO!

[It wouldn't be the first time that some well-meaning web developer has decided that any computer older than about 6 months shouldn't be usable any more, so 'let's make our website not work unless you have the latest & greatest software." *grumbles*]

Thanks!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:49 pm »

Confirm it's really broken for me as well, in the same way. Hopefully someone can revert that template!
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 12:49:02 pm »

Same thing happened to me.
I had Dick Rees help me the day I was locked out because I thought I had been hacked and I couldn't contact anyone here to see what had happened. I must have missed any notices letting members know of the planned maintenance - I wouldn't have panicked if I had known.
Dick contacted Ernie here who assured me it was just site maintenance and Curve users were affected.
Once I got back in I noticed my view was screwed like yours so I have switched back from Curve to the standard view because Curve is so messed up now.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

dick rees

• Duluth
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:50:53 pm »

Same thing happened to me.
I had Dick Rees help me the day I was locked out because I thought I had been hacked and I couldn't contact anyone here to see what had happened. I must have missed any notices letting members know of the planned maintenance - I wouldn't have panicked if I had known.
Dick contacted Ernie here who assured me it was just site maintenance and Curve users were affected.
Once I got back in I noticed my view was screwed like yours so I have switched back from Curve to the standard view because Curve is so messed up now.

Glad to help. 

Anyone else need help sorting problems just dial 555-GEE-ZERX.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 02:57:19 pm »

Glad to help. 

Anyone else need help sorting problems just dial 555-GEE-ZERX.

You Da Best!!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ernie Black

• Administrator
    • Standing Stone Designs
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

You Da Best!!!

Thanks for your patience, Debbie and all affected. There are plans for forum upgrades very soon, commencing next week, and where this was a minor event which should not have caused a problem (but the Curve theme is problematic), notice will be given well in advance of coming work. I'm not sure just what the issues are with the Curve theme, since they are not replicated in the Core theme (which I use), but we look to resolve them, upgrade to the latest applicable SMF version (which will also entail PHP and OS upgrades). FYI, only 153 users are using the Curve theme, though I wonder a) how many of these are active users and b) if a much higher percentage of Curve users are active as opposed to Core users.

Ernie
Code Warrior of the Seven Galaxies

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 06:00:54 pm »

I also am having problems with the Curve theme. Came here to see if it was a known issue. I guess it is. So I've switched to the Core theme until the Curve gets fixed, or we get a newer even better theme.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.