ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Smallish 2 way SOS powered boxes  (Read 14328 times)

Dennis Wiggins

Re: Smallish 2 way SOS powered boxes
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 08:50:31 AM »

I’ve never seen a pole mount like that before... What is it and what does it offer compared to a single pole?

Small subs can't be pulled (within reason) over sideways, or front-to-back, by the leverage of a top on a pole.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,164912.0.html

LINKY

This T-bar's mounts are 20" center-to-center, but K&M make one that is adjustable:

K&M 24105 Speaker Mounting Fork 

-Dennis
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:59:59 AM by Dennis Wiggins »

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »

I love my Yamaha DXR10 speakers.  I bought them for monitor duty, but they do well as mains on the bar circuit.  Mike Pyle recommended the Yamaha bags designed for the DXR8, assuring me they fit the DXR10.  He was right.  They fit great even with the removable foam pad left in place, and they include a Velcro flap for the handle & zippered pocket for cables.  They are very well made.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 12:34:22 AM »

So far the DXR10s are looking best. What about the RCF HDL10s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »

RCF TT08
Right answer but in (ahem) a different price range.  I warned a friend never to loan me his TT08-A pair - he'd never see them again!  ::) :P

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

Right answer but in (ahem) a different price range.  I warned a friend never to loan me his TT08-A pair - he'd never see them again!  ::) :P

Yes, ~$2000 each is not happening (unless someone wants to gift them).

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Robert Healey

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

So far the DXR10s are looking best. What about the RCF HDL10s?

Take a look at the Martin CDD-Live 8 and CDD-Live 12. I was very impressed by the whole lineup.

Thomas Le

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »

I'll be ordering a Yamaha DBR10 soon for this exact purpose, will report back when I get a chance... CBR10's are coming my way the end of the week for an install.

PRX710 is also another consideration (I own a pair of these) but the weight kills it since it's wood.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »

I'll be ordering a Yamaha DBR10 soon for this exact purpose, will report back when I get a chance... CBR10's are coming my way the end of the week for an install.

PRX710 is also another consideration (I own a pair of these) but the weight kills it since it's wood.

The PRX710 is only 3.8lbs heavier than the DXR10.
BTW- the DBR10 is a fantastic speaker for the money but side by side the DXR10 is warmer, better low end and goes louder.

I also own a single DXR8 which I love. It has become my go to speaker for things like troubleshooting gear, testing equipment,setting up samples, play keys  etc and for use at rehearsal sometimes too.
The guitarist in the one band uses it as his monitor and thinks its great - it has very decent low end for an 8" speaker. ......depends how small you want to go Rob...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »

I think 10” is fine. Wonder if anyone is selling their DXR10s So far it seems to be the not too heavy, louder, not too expensive, rear mixer , 10” powered box.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »

I think 10” is fine. Wonder if anyone is selling their DXR10s So far it seems to be the not too heavy, louder, not too expensive, rear mixer , 10” powered box.

And unlike the JBL PRX710, it has a monitor wedge angle.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.