ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4 GHz Com  (Read 2252 times)

Laryn Lohman

2.4 GHz Com
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »

Hi all, we will be changing our UHF com system because of the 600 MHz auction. 2.4 GHz has been suggested as a possibility, but I'm not so sure because there's several thousand phones in the room every Sunday. Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, has anyone used, with good success, any of the newer systems NOT on 2.4 that we might consider?

Thanks!

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: 2.4 GHz Com
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:40:21 AM »

Hi all, we will be changing our UHF com system because of the 600 MHz auction. 2.4 GHz has been suggested as a possibility, but I'm not so sure because there's several thousand phones in the room every Sunday. Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, has anyone used, with good success, any of the newer systems NOT on 2.4 that we might consider?

Thanks!

I can tell you from personal experience to stay well clear of 2.5GHz, will not be reliable at all in your use case.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »

I've got a client using the greengo product line in a church and they are quite happy with it.  It's DECT band, not 2.4ghz.  They have a mix of wired and wireless stations.  My biggest complaint against the product is the terrible documentation which made it harder to get a solid setup running than it should have been.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.