ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FCC rules change deadline on Wednesday  (Read 2554 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
FCC rules change deadline on Wednesday
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:07:18 AM »

This popped up on Facebook of all places.  Has this been discussed here and I just missed it?  Haven't seen any discussion on any of the other usual suspect mail lists or forums.

https://tsdca.org/fcc-template/

John Fruits

Re: FCC rules change deadline on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »

Are you sure that wasn't Wednesday Oct. 12 of last year?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »

Are you sure that wasn't Wednesday Oct. 12 of last year?
Undated web content is problematic.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

This popped up on Facebook of all places.  Has this been discussed here and I just missed it?  Haven't seen any discussion on any of the other usual suspect mail lists or forums.

https://tsdca.org/fcc-template/

Huh. I was just coming here to post this Grammy Advocacy for FCC Rule Change which just got sent to me a few minutes ago.

The deadlines are different, and the template is different but it seems like they're both talking about the same thing (expansion of Part 74 licensing to include qualified professional users owning/using fewer than 50 wireless devices). And as John points out, yours says "this Wednesday October 12", which do not align for this year.

The Grammy one at least is for this year, but I bet the Theatrical Designers were just distracted when writing the blurb.

I've never heard about this possibility, either. How long has the comment period been open? Did "we" know about it all along? There's nothing obviously related on the Shure website concerning FCC actions.

Will this be brought up at the AES Convention RF seminars?

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:10 PM »

These are not rules changes [yet]. Rather they are deadlines for filing comments on Notices of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM). There'll be a second deadline in 30 days for filing reply to comments.

Yes, we will be discussing these and other spectrum issues in the RF Spectrum session Wednesday afternoon.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:55:13 PM »

These are not rules changes [yet]. Rather they are deadlines for filing comments on Notices of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM). There'll be a second deadline in 30 days for filing reply to comments.

Yes, we will be discussing these and other spectrum issues in the RF Spectrum session Wednesday afternoon.

I'm glad to know that, because this invitation for comments caught me unknowing and off guard.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:55:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.