ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Adamson S10  (Read 7701 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: Adamson S10
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »

Does the S10 come complete with an expletive-filled rant from Brock?

;D ;D

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »

Does the S10 come complete with an expletive-filled rant from Brock?
Been there in the 80's.
He didn't like the 3800's and MX1500's we were using to power"his" precious system. Never mind the 2 BSS FDS-360's with Adamson cards fitted.
For 2 years, system was mono because 1 of the BSS was ALWAYS at the Mother Ship..........
Should have seen his face when he saw the pair of 24CX4 I had stashed in the Amp Rack for emergency use.......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Aisle 6

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »

Hi Scott,

I was really quite keen on the S10's. Adamson specify Lake processing for the S10 (I assume for the FIR filters) so I spoke to the factory representative about the amplifier situation.  I have quite a lot of PowerSoft K series amplifiers and Lake LM26's. I thought this would make upgrading my line-array quite cost effective - but nope; they were insistent on the PLM amps. 

...anyway, I was not keen on selling my PowerSoft amplifiers and replacing them with Music Group amplifiers.

I suspect you are looking for a "rider box" but if you are looking for something that's more cost effective, check out dB Tech new VIO ... saw them in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, very impressed especially for $$$

I have heard the VIO and I also was surprised at how good it sounded. They are getting the voicing of the system down these days.

I really did love the Adamson when I heard it and am keen to test it in the real world. All things being equal it should fit the bill. Compact, high output, good voicing and the importer support is incredible.

Aisle 6

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 01:23:28 AM »

Well my first gig on the Adamson S10 went very well. The S10 fits the compact category, but packs some serious fire power. Best of all, I felt like it not only had power, but that I lost no dynamic range to achieve that power. Powerful, clean and musical. I hate that I liked it so much as my wallet is going to develop a sharp pain. : P

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 01:23:28 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.