ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Security Camera's  (Read 7122 times)

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
Re: Security Camera's
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »

Consider a chain-linked trigger activated portable alarm.  The type used for Motorcycles.  Amazon sells them (I got an inexpensive one for my bike after "losing" my covers 2x).  Loud enough to cause attention and get nefarious folks to flee.  Would be easy to install on the trailer doors.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 08:22:18 AM »

Cailen, out of curiosity, which model camera is that shot from?

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 08:51:52 AM »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »

I just replaced all of my outdoor lights with LED lighting. The lights are motion sensitive and will melt the skin off of your face. I also have cameras, but any time my yard has been invaded the lights turn on, the dog (100lb black lab) barks, and the only pictures I get are of assholes and elbows.

Try one of these.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-180-Degree-White-Motion-Activated-Sensor-Twin-Head-Outdoor-Integrated-LED-Security-Flood-Light-with-Doppler-Radar-MST18920DLWDF/203303757
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 03:52:14 PM »

My experience with outdoor lighting is that you just have to pay attention to the usable life span.  All of the motion detect lights I've put up over the years have become unreliable after about three years of service and just need to be replaced.  This is in an urban area ( air pollution is very hard on electronics ) with high humidity and large temp swings.  Cameras, aside from those that message you when your away from the premises are very after the barn door closes sorts of things.  Active measures like lights and audible alarms are more likely to convince the perps that intervention may be on the way and its time to find a softer target.

I just replaced all of my outdoor lights with LED lighting....

Richard Turner

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

I have a swann system, was cheap from bestbuy, for outdoor cameras I just bought the $10 ones on ebay direct from china and they actually have better resolution than the swann ones.

as soon a s I put them up all the hoodie wearing locals started walking on the other side of the street.

other than that equal parts ammonium nitrate diesel fuel and ball bearings in a 5 gallon bucket with proper priming charge is an effective way to deal with prowlers, Just have a plan to deal with the mess though......
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »

as soon a s I put them up all the hoodie wearing locals started walking on the other side of the street.

other than that equal parts ammonium nitrate diesel fuel and ball bearings in a 5 gallon bucket with proper priming charge is an effective way to deal with prowlers, Just have a plan to deal with the mess though......
Hateful fantasies about murdering people for burglary have no place on this forum. Please, sir, respectfully remove your post, or mods, please deal with this.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:43:13 AM by George Friedman-Jimenez »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »

Hateful fantasies about murdering people for burglary have no place on this forum. Please, sir, respectfully remove your post, or mods, please deal with this.
Thanks.

That's his science fair project about wounds and blood and stuff! /snark

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »

That's his science fair project about wounds and blood and stuff! /snark
Texas Chemistry 101 ?
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.