ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Everyone Okay in Vega's?  (Read 22617 times)

David Allred

Re: Everyone Okay in Vegas?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »

I've heard that audio/lighting/video was shut off immediately, so the crowd knew something was up. -Ray

I was surprised that the crowd lights came on.  I guess they thought the crowd needed to see to flee, but in hindsight they just gave the shooter better vision.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Everyone Okay in Vega's?
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »

Yeahhhh, Chris.... I'd ask that you be careful about how you poke the hornet's nest like that.

... that being said, I think we all agree about the reality of this situation: No matter our personal positions on gun control, incidents like this aren't caused by gun control laws (or lack thereof) but due to mental instability of people. Freely available firearms don't cause this- someone being f*cked in the head does. [Or true on terrorism.]

-Ray

Uh. It looks like Chris's reply was deleted by mods.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »

LVPD now saying 50 dead, 200 400 wounded or injured in the panic.

Shooter was in a 32nd floor room, shot himself before PD got to him.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:23:28 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »

I was surprised that the crowd lights came on.  I guess they thought the crowd needed to see to flee, but in hindsight they just gave the shooter better vision.

Kudos to the lighting tech (or whomever) who had the presence of mind to get those crowd lights on before taking cover. While in hindsight it tactically probably wasn't the best action to take, it was certainly the correct action for many other reasons.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »

Kudos to the lighting tech (or whomever) who had the presence of mind to get those crowd lights on before taking cover. While in hindsight it tactically probably wasn't the best action to take, it was certainly the correct action for many other reasons.

Yeah, it's a toss-up.  Light the crowd for egress/panic and provide a better view for the shooter?  It's too early to tell if the shooter was targeting specific individuals or just aiming into the crowd - if the latter, lights didn't matter; if the former, it was an aid to him.

I expect this to the one of the big topics at the Event Safety Alliance  "Safety Summit" in November.  The ESA VP, Steve Adelman, was interviewed...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/video/event-safety-alliance-vp-concerts-are-pretty-easy-for-soft-targets/vi-AAsNGNQ
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:43:10 AM by Tim McCulloch »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »

An evil person will use whatever he can turn into a weapon if he wants to murder people. Take all the guns away and they will use cars and trucks like they do in europe.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »

An evil person will use whatever he can turn into a weapon if he wants to murder people. Take all the guns away and they will use cars and trucks like they do in europe.

We don't know what was in Chris's post since is was apparently removed.

David Allred

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »

Evil or just mental, I don't know.  But the lengthy pauses between blasts seems odd for someone wanting to inflict mass casualties.  Multiple weapons (not known yet how many were fully auto, but seemed slow to change weapons or magazines (thank goodness).  Almost like he was reloading his only magazine.

David Allred

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 11:56:26 AM »

We don't know what was in Chris's post since is was apparently removed.

He was from Canada, blaming US gun policies.  Then proceeded to state that he would say no more because of the NO POLITICS policy.

I replied thanking him for making an agenda statement knowing that we could not rebut Forum policy)

Maybe this won't get cut as well. :-\

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

No problem Tim.
I admit I was too close to "poking the bear"
My view is from the Great White North. Most of us (and most civil Americans) have a different view than the NRA.
'nuf said.
Truly, a sad, sad day.

Chris
Gunless now, had a carry permit for a few years. Been there, done that.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.