ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Carvin iem batteries.  (Read 7912 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Carvin iem batteries.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »

I'm going to solve this problem for you. My band uses the EM900s and are very happy with them. I was aware of the battery issue when I bought my first unit, and had the same issue finding batteries that fit. I finally had an idea- I took my Duracell batteries down into my workshop, put one in my vice with a piece of paper on the end, cranked the vice down slowly until the top battery post was pushed in a little, and bingo! That was all it took, and the batteries now fit fine in the pack! I make up a large batch of batteries this way as needed. I now get to use whatever brand of batteries I like (I use Duracells) and they fit fine and work fine in the packs. Putting a piece of paper on the flat end of the battery in the vice prevents the metal vice from shorting the battery while you are compressing it. I would imagine if you don't have a vice, a hammer tapping the top battery post would accomplish the same thing, but my vice allows precision control.

I know this sounds crazy, but it is the perfect solution for us and we have no battery issues at all. Hope this helps!

Ha ha- sounds like something I would attempt.....thanks for the heads-up Rob.

After hearing this complaint so many times, I cannot believe that Carvin haven't corrected the problem.
After all, it is only the battery compartment insert that needs modifying - not the actual pack itself like a Sennheiser.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 08:30:02 PM »

I couldn't help myself and I took advantage of Carvin's current 25% off sale. I purchased (again) a EM900 iem system as I have had so many folks tell me they like them and the price was right.

You may remember I ordered one last year, got upset and returned it because none of my batteries fitted the pack.
It is a problem apparently and none of the American and well known brands fit but off brands do.
So can someone who has success with this system divulge the brand of batteries they are using and if anyone by chance has managed to find a rechargeable version  (long shot I know)?....

Thank you muchly!!!

Debbie, you may want to try flat top batteries. They are made for making battery packs, but if the + side of the battery holder has a spring they will work. Here is one from a dealer I use all the time, and Tenergy is a respected name in the performance flashlight world (one of my hobbies). For the price it's worth getting a few and trying them, and they will charge on a regular AA charger

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tenergy-nimh-aa-2000-tabs.html

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 12:02:09 AM »

Damn it Debbie, i just got my spending under control :) I was contemplating getting some UE PRM or Pros and now seeing that this system is onsale, it might be the push I need

Joe Jordan

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »

Debbie, one of the guy's I'm working with has Carvin ears, he has had good luck with Panasonic Eneloop Pro rechargeable AA.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:41 PM »

Damn it Debbie, i just got my spending under control :) I was contemplating getting some UE PRM or Pros and now seeing that this system is onsale, it might be the push I need

Ha ha - tag - you're it!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:01:32 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »

Debbie, one of the guy's I'm working with has Carvin ears, he has had good luck with Panasonic Eneloop Pro rechargeable AA.

Good to know - I have some Eneloop white ones which are too tall so that must mean that the black Eneloop Pro's are shorter....
Has he tried the Eneloop whites?
The reason I ask is that I don't want to make the investment only to find that the white ones fit his packs too and it was simply that his fitting is looser than mine.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »

I just got me some of these. Wasn't sure if I'd have the same problem with height and had to order far more than I need to get decent shipping times but the price is right and I have spares for whatever. Happy to report - they fit great!!!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYNS8F2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soooooooo, if I can get 1 show out of a pair of AAA's, I'll be set. I can get 3 shows out of a pair of AA's and I switch out after every 2 to be safe. I hope I can get 1 show because it means I can use my rechargeable AAA's. I suppose even if I have to switch them out during a break, its not too bad at least till I find a brand of AA that fits. Yay!!

I'll use the pack for rehearsal to check out the charge time before a show.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »

I couldn't help myself and I took advantage of Carvin's current 25% off sale. I purchased (again) a EM900 iem system as I have had so many folks tell me they like them and the price was right.

You may remember I ordered one last year, got upset and returned it because none of my batteries fitted the pack.
It is a problem apparently and none of the American and well known brands fit but off brands do.
So can someone who has success with this system divulge the brand of batteries they are using and if anyone by chance has managed to find a rechargeable version  (long shot I know)?....

Thank you muchly!!!
Debbie, this situation in my mind would put this product in the "worst gear" thread in the basement.  "Other than the fact that I can't power these devices, they're great".  Seems like a fatal flaw to me.  I hope your workaround solves your issue.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »

Debbie, this situation in my mind would put this product in the "worst gear" thread in the basement.  "Other than the fact that I can't power these devices, they're great".  Seems like a fatal flaw to me.  I hope your workaround solves your issue.

Yeah - I sent back the one I purchased last year for that very reason but I have come across so many folks who love them and I needed one at a  good price.
I agree with you and find it frustrating and pretty ridiculous that Carvin has not solved this yet. I know it is a known problem because the guy at Carvin told me so last year when I called them.

John Ferreira

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »

I need conductive material  because I am using it to pack the length not width and the foil is what touches the terminal in the battery compartment.
I have been experimenting and I have made some tube adaptors out of gaffer tape - wound around the battery loosely. Then I wrapped some aluminum foil around a small piece of wood and placed it at the bottom of the tube I made form the gaffer tape.
I just take a AAA battery and drop it into the tube each time I replace them. They sell plastic adaptors but I cannot risk having the same issue I have now if they are too long so making them gets me what I need.

You can try a spring inside a tube.
John Ferreira

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.