ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 DMX boards using a common wireless frequency?  (Read 3195 times)

David Allred

2 DMX boards using a common wireless frequency?
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »

To keep this question simple, let's say I have 1 RGBW par light in 6 channel mode addressed @ 001 and 1 effect light in 6 channel mode addressed @ 017.
I want to have simultaneous individual manual control over each.

Can I use 2 boards, one set to control fixture 1 and the other to control fixture 2.... using a pair of wireless TX dongles, each set to the "green" channel selection?

Then using a single RX dongle set to "green" on one fixture and cable jump to the 2nd?
Should this not work since the receiver sets the channel within the "color" band and the transmitter finds that channel when syncing?  Can I then control 2 differently addressed fixtures from 2 boards on one wireless transmission line?

Paul G. OBrien

Re: 2 DMX boards using a common wireless frequency?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »

No using 2 wireless transmitters like that won't work and besides.. You are way overthinking this. If your controller has 12 channel sliders or more you can have simultaneous control by simply setting the start address for the second fixture to 7.

David Allred

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:58:08 PM »

No using 2 wireless transmitters like that won't work and besides.. You are way overthinking this. If your controller has 12 channel sliders or more you can have simultaneous control by simply setting the start address for the second fixture to 7.
I have 8 physical faders at a time available (2 banks of 8), so no go.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »

Well then the simplest solution would be to simply get a controller with more channels, then 1 Tx/Rx  wireless set with the fixtures hard wired between will do the trick.

If you use 2 smaller controllers then you also need 2 wireless Tx/Rx pairs set to different channels(colors). You can't set the wireless units to the same channel because that would produce the same result as trying to run 2 different scenes at the same time.. both fixtures will try to react to both controllers and you will end up with lighting output that doesn't look like either one of your presets.

David Allred

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »

Well then the simplest solution would be to simply get a controller with more channels, then 1 Tx/Rx  wireless set with the fixtures hard wired between will do the trick.

If you use 2 smaller controllers then you also need 2 wireless Tx/Rx pairs set to different channels(colors). You can't set the wireless units to the same channel because that would produce the same result as trying to run 2 different scenes at the same time.. both fixtures will try to react to both controllers and you will end up with lighting output that doesn't look like either one of your presets.

2 pairs it is.  I have, so not a problem.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 24 queries.