ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas increases Warranty to 10 years.  (Read 11287 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Midas increases Warranty to 10 years.
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:25:05 AM »

It looks like Midas has increased its warranty to 10 years on all products purchased after 1st of September 2014.  http://www.music-group.com/brand/midas/enterprise/warranty 
Even my M32r is covered by this.

Douglas R. Allen

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: Midas increases Warranty to 10 years.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »

It looks like Midas has increased its warranty to 10 years on all products purchased after 1st of September 2014.  http://www.music-group.com/brand/midas/enterprise/warranty 

Douglas R. Allen

In the age of computer everything, I doubt there is any product in our industry being manufactured today, beyond -maybe- speaker systems, that will have a useful, competitive life cycle of 10 years.  Unless I am failing to read something in the fine print, I find this warranty policy to be pretty jaw dropping. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:57:51 AM by Steve Payne »
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »

I the age of computer everything, I doubt there is any product in our industry being manufactured today, beyond -maybe- speaker systems, that will have a useful, competitive life cycle of 10 years.  Unless I am failing to read something in the fine print, I find this warranty policy to be pretty jaw dropping.

...and, if I read the warranty correctly, this applies to all Music products, which would include Lab Gruppen and Turbosound.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Daniel Levi

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »

And for lab gruppen PLM amps the warranty is transferrable.

Also in an installation the warranty (by prior agreement) can be changed to the date the install is finished giving the client the full 10 years.
Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »

...and, if I read the warranty correctly, this applies to all Music products, which would include Lab Gruppen and Turbosound.
I saw the turbosound warranty announcement first.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

David Allred

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »

Douglas R. Allen

Now that's what I'm talk'n 'bout.

John Fruits

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »

Seems it is the higher end products. The Behringer x32 family is still 3 years limited.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »

It does, here's the email. . .

To Our TURBOSOUND Friends and Family,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your continued support over the years. We are truly grateful to serve the needs of audio professionals around the globe. As a token of gratitude, we are extending our manufacturer’s warranty.
Effective immediately, TURBOSOUND will have our existing manufacturer’s warranty duration extended to 10 years.
Products purchased since the 1st of September 2014, will be covered by this warranty timing extension.
No other changes have been made to the terms and conditions. If you have any questions about what our warranty covers, please visit http://www.music-group.com/support/home.
Equally, we have dedicated staff in our CARE division available to help with any questions you might have. Please reach out to them at [email protected].
Sincerely,
The TURBOSOUND Team
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 06:11:08 PM »

Seems it is the higher end products. The Behringer x32 family is still 3 years limited.

When I looked at my M32r it shows a 10 year warranty. Odd not for the X32 line but maybe the profit margins are too small.

Douglas R. Allen

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »

That warranty is remarkable. The Behringer warranty, as I understand it and unless it changed in the last couple years, is full coverage for the first year for all product. If you register within X days of purchase, you get an additional 2 years on all non-user touchable parts. So the brain inside is covered, since you can't touch it, while the sliders, screen, knobs, buttons, connectors, etc. are not covered beyond the first year.

This Midas/Turbosound/Lab Gruppen 10 year warranty seems to cover everything for the entire time. Nice.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.