ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Belarus - Wireless Frequencies - Anyone Know?  (Read 1659 times)

TomBoisseau

Belarus - Wireless Frequencies - Anyone Know?
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:58:14 PM »

I just returned from a trip to the country of Belarus.  It was not for work, it was a “mission” trip.

The sound guy from one of the churches asked if I could help him get two wireless handheld mics, which I’m happy to do, however it is a bit difficult to determine what is “legal” over there and this guy didn’t seem to know.

They currently own one wireless that is in a band from 798 – 822 Mhz, and they often borrow another that is switchable between 800.875 – 811.044 Mhz.
I’m hoping, if these frequencies are legal in Belarus, that I might find some retired units here in the USA for a reasonable price.  I would think that would be easy considering those frequencies are now illegal here.

So, anyone have any info on what wireless mic frequencies are legal in Belarus?

Thanks,
Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Belarus - Wireless Frequencies - Anyone Know?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »

Try your inquiry in this forum:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/board,83.0.html

You can also try the various "frequency finders" from Shure, EV, Sennheiser, etc.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Provenza

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »

I just returned from a trip to the country of Belarus.  It was not for work, it was a “mission” trip.

The sound guy from one of the churches asked if I could help him get two wireless handheld mics, which I’m happy to do, however it is a bit difficult to determine what is “legal” over there and this guy didn’t seem to know.

They currently own one wireless that is in a band from 798 – 822 Mhz, and they often borrow another that is switchable between 800.875 – 811.044 Mhz.
I’m hoping, if these frequencies are legal in Belarus, that I might find some retired units here in the USA for a reasonable price.  I would think that would be easy considering those frequencies are now illegal here.

So, anyone have any info on what wireless mic frequencies are legal in Belarus?

Thanks,
Tom

Not sure what is legal there, but you won't (or shouldn't) find anything in the states that operates above 806 as that has been public safety for as long as mainstream use of wireless in production. Below 806 there's always the die hard Shure U series. They appear to be plentiful on EBay

------------------

Tom Provenza

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.