ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with one touch pre recorded light shows  (Read 2331 times)

Richard Sansom

Help with one touch pre recorded light shows
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:38:18 AM »

Hey dudes, I'm a drummer in a band who wants to be able to trigger one touch pre recorded light shows.

What Im trying to do at the moment is to run light shows triggered with a midi on note signal from my Roland SPD-sx into a decabox that will record midi light shows made with dmx-is and then will play them back live when a corresponding midi note is played, all without the need of a computer.

These light shows are preprogrammed for whole songs each and able to be triggered in different orders at will as our set lists change for each gig.

My first problem is that once I've created a light show in logic with the DMX-is and got it how I want it, when recording into the decabox it gets maybe 10-15 seconds into the song and then it seems to go out of time as just not do as programmed when it comes to colour changes and strobing. Don't know if I'm reaching the limit of what can be played pre-recorded, because apart from that the start time is playing back in time until then.

Also, because I want to add in some more lighting fixtures, at the moment I've got this working with the cameo thunderwash 100rgb which are just LED strobe/wash lights. But now I want to add some stairville mh-100 RGB moving heads but as struggling with the DMX-is software when programming presets so was looking for something like daslight 4 to program lights with ease.

Just wondered your thoughts on this way of triggering light shows and how you guys would do the same thing but better or easier.

Cheers!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber