ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer XR18 Connection  (Read 87 times)

edsmixes4u@gmail.com

Behringer XR18 Connection
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:24:32 pm »

I had what i thought was interference on my wifi connection to the XR18.  At some gigs I would loose connection or not be able to connect at all. So on the advise of others I bought a dual band router and used it at the same gigs I had trouble with in the past.  It would still not connect on 2.4 GHz but worked with 5 GHz.  I still was not confident with the system so I bought a laptop with an ethernet connection and hardwired to the XR18.  This worked well until I left my computer bag with the tablet at home and drove 40 miles to a gig.  I had used my smartphone before to control the mixer so I thought "No Problem".  Wrong!  I could not connect.  I use the amp controls to set the overall volumes and it was okay.
It is nice the way the mixer just powers up the same as when you turned it off.  Today I was determined to figure this out.  I still could not connect even at home where there is not much 2.4 GHz interference.  I would go to wifi setting on my phone and it would show my router and I would connect to it.  There was a warning that there was no internet from this router connection.  Well I don't need Internet so I ignored it.  So I start the app on my phone (Moto G4) and the connection screen comes on and at the bottom it says it is connected to my router.  I hit "Search" to find my XR18 and it says "wifi disconnected.  The display of "Seaching..." just stays there until you figure "Times up" and X out.
It turns out that when android doesn't detect the Internet, it will not let the app connect to the router.  I found that when it warns you about not having internet, if you tap on that warning, a screen will come up asking you if you still want to remain connected anyway.  Tap yes and the android and app will let you connect to the XR18.  This holds true for my android tablet as well. 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber