ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networking Under Wine and macOS Sierra  (Read 3070 times)

DavidTurner

Networking Under Wine and macOS Sierra
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:24:00 PM »

Does anyone know whether it is possible to have my MacBook Air connect with wifi to my Shure network under Mac OS and simultaneously to my SD9 running the offline software under Wine via ethernet?

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Networking Under Wine and macOS Sierra
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »

My answer to the question you didn't ask.  Talking to Crown amps certainly works with Win XP or Win 10 running in a VMware virtual machine on Mac Sierra while the Mac side is on wifi running a browser looking for firmware updates.  Much more cranky to set up thru USB C dongles than it was on a Mac with native ethernet ports.  No idea how any of that will translate to you specific requirements.  The virtual machine software vendors go to some lengths to make the networking come out sticky side up, things that Wine may not do.  Maybe time to pony up for one of those solutions.

DavidTurner

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »

Thank you Riley. I can’t find a network control panel under wine so it is probably a no go.

I’m trying to not have two laptops in monitor world. Windows won’t stay connected to my UHFR units via Wi-Fi and nothing I try will re - connect. They occasionally drop out on the Mac, but the connection re establishes itself in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:57:54 PM by DavidTurner »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.